Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5 most exciting fighters in the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 most exciting fighters in the sport?

Inspired by another thread, who do you rate as the top 5 most exciting active fighters in the sport today?

1. Amir Khan - love him or hate him, his vulnerability and blinding handspeed make him a must watch, irrespective of the opponent you never know what's going to happen next with Khan.

2. Gennady Golovkin - relentlessly comes forward with exceptional footwork and KO power in both hands, he doesn't give his opponents a second to relax and invariably knocks them out

3. Carl Froch - willingness to take so many shots on the chin while replying to every one of them has made for consistent wars in his career, you get your money's worth with Carl Froch

4. Manny Pacquiao - slightly faded footwork but his fast hands, power and willingness to engage mean you'll rarely miss a fight where he is involved, who's not going to watch the Rios fight?

5. Marcos Maidana - arguably been in 3 FOTY contenders in his last couple of years, he brings it to his opponent and always comes to fight.

That's my top 5, who do you rate as your five most exciting boxers?

1. Carl Froch. For whatever reason I love his style of fighting. To me, he's never been in a dull fight and has always brought it whether it's in a win or loss.

2. Floyd Mayweather. I just enjoy the clinics he performs. From the check hooks to the lead rights, pull counters and footwork. His timing, defense and ability to adapt at this stage in his career is a thing of beauty.

3A. Lucas Matthyse. Always nice to see his opponents fold when he lands flush. Maybe the fighter I anticipate to watch the most at the moment.

3B. Abner Mares. The Ponce fight solidified this spot for him.

4. Manny Pacquiao. Enough said.. the dude is never a bore to watch.

5. Leo Santa Cruz. If you don't like his style then I have nothing to talk to you about. His body shots are and if the best thrown in the game today. The work rate and nonstop action are always a treat
    Last edited by hhs661; 06-11-2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Inspired by another thread, who do you rate as the top 5 most exciting active fighters in the sport today?

1. Amir Khan - love him or hate him, his vulnerability and blinding handspeed make him a must watch, irrespective of the opponent you never know what's going to happen next with Khan.

2. Gennady Golovkin - relentlessly comes forward with exceptional footwork and KO power in both hands, he doesn't give his opponents a second to relax and invariably knocks them out

3. Carl Froch - willingness to take so many shots on the chin while replying to every one of them has made for consistent wars in his career, you get your money's worth with Carl Froch

4. Manny Pacquiao - slightly faded footwork but his fast hands, power and willingness to engage mean you'll rarely miss a fight where he is involved, who's not going to watch the Rios fight?

5. Marcos Maidana - arguably been in 3 FOTY contenders in his last couple of years, he brings it to his opponent and always comes to fight.

That's my top 5, who do you rate as your five most exciting boxers?
      Think Golovkin maybe should be number 1.

But it depends if we're talking fighters on their own, or fights they've been in? If we are talking exciting fighters, I don't think Carl Froch should be top 5. Kid Chocolate could be on there imo. Sergio Martinez, Mares, Mathysse, Broner, Donaire could give up a big shout.

Just to elaborate, I HAVE to watch every Froch fight - You just don't know what's going to happen and he fights the best every time, but I'm not sure i'd say he on his own has the most exciting style.
      Last edited by LacedUp; 06-11-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Lucas Matthysse
        Rakhim Chakhkiev
        Victor Ortiz - Just because hes such a kn0b and you never know what stunt he is going to pull.

I don't know for the other two I would probably say GGG but most guys who fight him are clearly scared. Maybe Roman Gonzalez, Ola Afolabi is never in a bad one, Marquez, Froch

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          1. Carl Froch. For whatever reason I love his style of fighting. To me, he's never been in a dull fight and has always brought it whether it's in a win or loss.

2. Floyd Mayweather. I just enjoy the clinics he performs. From the check hooks to the lead rights, pull counters and footwork. His timing, defense and ability to adapt at this stage in his career is a thing of beauty.

3A. Lucas Matthyse. Always nice to see his opponents fold when he lands flush. Maybe the fight I anticipate to watch the most at the moment.
          3B. Abner Mares. The Ponce fight solidified this spot for him.

4. Manny Pacquiao. Enough said.. the dude is never a bore to watch.

5. Leo Santa Cruz. If you don't like his style then I have nothing to talk to you about. His body shots are and if the best thrown in the game today. The work rate and nonstop action are always a treat
          Floyd Mayweather

Is that the guy that people boo and always leave early when he fights.

Comment

What about Ruslan Provodnikov? I've only seen him fight twice tbh, but what I saw was pretty damn good!

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
              Floyd Mayweather

Is that the guy that people boo and always leave early when he fights.
              It's the guy that you post about in every thread. Why so much interest?

Comment

Not in order

Ortiz
                Darchinyan
                Golovkin
                Matthysse
                Froch

I'd put Katsidis in if he was still fighting.

Comment

In no particular order :

Khan
                  Matthysse
                  Pacquiao
                  Rios
                  Froch
                  Last edited by Chrismart; 06-11-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Rios

Maidana

Matthysse

Ortiz

Juanma lopez

Comment

Working...
                    X