No announcement yet.

Mattysse,Saremento "Maidana doesnt last four rounds against me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    Matthysse is 5'9. Maidana 5'8 and their builds look around the same. If anything i think Matthysse looks a bit thicker.

Maidana is a 4 round fighter after that he gasses and his power disappears and he has a shaky chin. Matthysse seems to have a great chin (he was laughing at Judah when Zab would land power shots) can go 12 rounds and carries his power through the entire fight. Along with his superior and quite good technique Matthysse stop Maidana imo.

After watching Matthysse-Judah again i'm favouring him to beat Alexander.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      Matthysse is 5'9. Maidana 5'8 and their builds look around the same. If anything i think Matthysse looks a bit thicker.

Maidana is a 4 round fighter after that he gasses and his power disappears and he has a shaky chin. Matthysse seems to have a great chin (he was laughing at Judah when Zab would land power shots) can go 12 rounds and carries his power through the entire fight. Along with his superior and quite good technique Matthysse stop Maidana imo.

After watching Matthysse-Judah again i'm favouring him to beat Alexander.
      A 4 round fighter?Against Kotelnik he threw about 1200 punches,when the fight against Morales was in the melting pot he managed to throw 200 punches in the last 2 rounds mostly power punches,the body shot against Khan took alot out of him and yet he still came on strong in the last 3.His chin may not be the greatest but it is alright it his recovery levels that are incredible and that makes him very hard to knock out.Ill give you that he is crude hopefully Rudy can polish up is technique abit after spending more time training with Maidana and Lucas is a very good technical fighter aswell as a puncher i just cant see him koing Chino.I would see him beating Maidana on points but you can never write off Maidana

Comment

maidana!!!!

Comment

This would maybe more appropiate if he 1st dispatches of Alexander then it'll have more merit. But as of now prob. not. maybe he meant he'll actually fight in the first four rounds

Comment

Maidana wins, people n here are stupid. Matthyse is a nobody who couldn't beat a past prime Judah.

Comment

Lol, according to people on here, Maidana is a chinless bum with no stamina... Cause he has showed both those things throughout his whole career right?

Comment

I got to agree. Maidana would get ko inside 4 rounds.
                Matthysse has faster hands, better footwork and has the best body attack of anyone in the division right now.
                Alexander is gonna get badly beaten.

Comment

I could seriously see Matthysse knocking him out in the mid rounds. One thing is for sure, Lucas will fight bell to bell. Maidana needs breaks. Khan has chin issues, Morales though valiant has age issues, and Ortiz had confidence issues. Lucas has nothing that gives Marcos an advantage. If he rocks Maidana he wont back off. I'd love to see it. I dont care what happened in the Am's.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                    no way in hell this fight goes the distance....no way..
                    My thoughts exactly! This fight would be an absolute war, thrilling to watch. But goddamn if you turn away you'll probably miss it! I'd love to see a solid co-feature/undercard to act as insurance for the possibly quick main event lol

Comment

Impossible to say, they both are flawed fighters. Lucas is a better boxer, but he's still very unproven.

Maidana obviously can't box at all. But his work rate against Otiz was really good while he looked tired and listless against Morales.

I guess we'll know more about Lucas against Alexander. I'm actually extremely excited for that fight, I really wish I could go see this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X