No announcement yet.

Kovalev cheated by lifting his trunks up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev cheated by lifting his trunks up

Lifting your trunks and overacting to draw a foul is just as dirty as hitting someone "in the balls" when none of Ward's shots were even close. These slow motions look dramatic because he's partially hitting below the belt, but when put in perspective, all of these shots are really hitting Kovalev in the lower abdomen, and Kovalev's reactions are making it look more dramatic than what it truly was.

Intentionally wearing trunks too high to avoid body shots is nothing new and has been used by tons of fighters in the past. I'm pretty sure that was part's of Kovalev's strategy and Weeks probably saw through his game.

Kovalev wore his trunks high this time? What? They were on the same level as any other fight of his. Ward had his on the same exact level so what are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Kovalev wore his trunks high this time? What? They were on the same level as any other fight of his. Ward had his on the same exact level so what are you talking about?
      dont you know the hublot sign is above his belly button?

Comment

Kovalev cheated because he spent the whole fight faking low blows.

He went full beta. He should be ashamed of himself.

Comment

We now know where Kovalev's heart is...

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            We can see Ward's belly button. Kovalev's trunks are clearly above his. And the fact that he always does this doesn't help his case. That was a trick to draw low blow calls and to discourage body shots.

Comment

Sergey Cowellov

Comment

Originally posted by ray moe View Post
                Kovalev cheated because he spent the whole fight faking low blows.

He went full beta. He should be ashamed of himself.
                Seriously this.

I didn't like the stoppage. I thought Weeks robbed Ward of a legit stoppage.

But now we have these fools littering NSB up, acting like Kov wasn't crying about other shots that weren't low.

He was done. He wanted a way out, and he got one. And it's looooooaded with excuses.

Comment

Not only that, but he was bent over on that last shot. You can test it yourself, stand up bend over at the waist. The whole pelvic area basically intersects. You try pinpointing a bodyshot for these goofs when you also want to get the dude out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    We can see Ward's belly button. Kovalev's trunks are clearly above his. And the fact that he always does this doesn't help his case. That was a trick to draw low blow calls and to discourage body shots.
                    Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                    Seriously this.

I didn't like the stoppage. I thought Weeks robbed Ward of a legit stoppage.

But now we have these fools littering NSB up, acting like Kov wasn't crying about other shots that weren't low.

He was done. He wanted a way out, and he got one. And it's looooooaded with excuses.

We can see Ward's belly button?

Comment

Working...
                    X