Comments Thread For: WBC Details Canelo vs. Golovkin Resolution, Terms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    well I guess that leaves you out.

And BTW, the WBC didnt "go back on their word". They said from the beginning that the fight needed to happen next, UNLESS the parties worked out a deal, WHICH THEY DID

Reading is fundamental
    Lol you keep defending your favorite fighter getting screwed out of his belt that's rightfully his because his promotional team has the brain of a flea no deal was worked out all WBC did was buy more time to collect a nice size sanctioning fee from canelo
    Keep hope alive doe

Comment

Originally posted by theocdog View Post
      Anyone with competent boxing IQ saw this coming a mile away. Its just a way to build anticipation for the fight so they can generate as much money as possible. Canelo vs GGG late 2016.
      That sums it up. The build-up for a Manny-Floyd fight was what, close to one decade? And then, we get a predictable dud of fight because of one person who fought like a coward, clinched at will, avoided engaging all fight and had credited punches that never landed, while his opponent had exactly the opposite: not credited a lot of landed punches that even SOUNDED 100% as clean punches.

The interesting thing is WHO these two will fight before fighting each other (in case Canelo doesn't wuss out of course). I think Canelo should fight Lemieux at 160. I believe he can knock Lemieux out because the latter's style suits Canelo perfectly (just like Angulo's did). That would build up a lot of interest in the fight GGG-Canelo in late 2016. Whoever GGG fights before Canelo doesn't really matter, we know he is going to win unless something strange or unusual happens.

Comment

Wonder what Frank does if Saunders wins.

Comment

IMO this bout doesn't happen in '16...

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            So their update is that there's no update? There's no real agreement, they're just delaying it until next fall.

If nothing materializes by end of May, Golovkin better tell Canelo to vacate and move onto other fights.

I'm hoping Lemieux/Canelo, Golovkin/Lee and Jacobs/Eubanks in the spring.
            Yep that's what i thought lol.
            So their update is that there is no update.

Comment

this fight is never happening. alvared is a chicken and does'nt have the ballz to face little G. all that hear say talk with a microphone in his face was BS like always. this fight is'nt happening in may nor september of 2016 nor any year

Comment

Details on term but nothing is said about the catch weight and my guess is team canelo will want a catch weight at less at 158 or 157. And that's when things go downhill. They making it where ggg don't lose no belts so he can say no catch weight fight a lesser fighter and get the belt. But canelo force to leave his weight class go up and fight him and if he don't be loses his belt for ggg to win from s nobody. But the belt a 160 belt so canelo should either drop it and win titles in his weight class or take the fight. A great fight and greater cause either one that takes the lost is good to me! No favorite in this fight don't like em both I can see one lose ggg and for canelo lose again

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                  Lol you keep defending your favorite fighter getting screwed out of his belt that's rightfully his because his promotional team has the brain of a flea no deal was worked out all WBC did was buy more time to collect a nice size sanctioning fee from canelo
                  Keep hope alive doe
                  they are obviously alot smarter than you. GGGs 2016 was likely going to consist of Canelo, Johnson IBF mando, and maybe Lee-Saunders winner, in any order. Those are still the fights on the table. GGG loses nothing by trying this option. If theres a chance to still get the Canelo fight in September, preserve the lineal title status, and end up with both the belts AND the big fight, why not go for it? If he forced a strippage at this point you would be right here calling him a paper champ and you ****ing know it.

Comment

"We just want the WBC belt doe"

Comment

• Can't be Angry about this if Team GGG agreed

It took five years for Floyd/Manny. If they nail this down come May, then it's pretty decent.

Here are the facts, it's Goldenboy who seem apprehensive to make this fight. Canelo says he wants it, said one of his promoters today.

Team GGG are surely bending some to make this fight. His haters (like the dip shiiiit below) will hate on him for not bending, while also hating on him if he bends.

So giving Canelo time, they feel the public demand will grow. They knew the fight wouldn't go down until September anyways. So team GGG likely decided to shred and let the boxing fans do their thing.

Lastly, as long as team GGG is agreeing, I can't hold it against the WBC.

Lastly, Goldenboy is scared, and Canelo will be on the losing end if they fight.

What does that say about our new PPV King! Right on.

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                      ggg has fooled his fans again.
                      You should play twister, you'd be good at it.

Comment

Working...
                      X