Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am here to say I was wrong, but not for the many reasons people are saying.
    Those who are calling Cotto overrated have lost their minds and should not be respected. I give Canelo all the credit in the world and he has grown as a fighter. He deifinatly needs to move up in weight to 160. I don't think it's healthy that he kills his self anymore at 154. Chaves Jr ran into all types of issues trying to make 160 now he can not even make 168. Canelo will probably be a 168 fighter for a very long time. The guy is very very big and I noticed more in person than I ever did on TV.

But for people to say Cotto got his ass whopped and shouldn't have been in the ring with Canelo have serious lost their minds. I saw the fight live at the Mandalay Bay and I can tell you even if Cotto would have boxed circles around Canelo he would not have been given this fight. The crowd was not going to allow that. The crowd alone made gave Canelo a 6 round advantage.

With that said for a guy (Cotto) to be probably outweighed by 20 pds to stand in there and trade takes heart. What kills me is the judges pretty much make a fighter feel like **** when they do stupid **** like 119-109. If I was a fighter I would never want to fight again.

I can dish out but I can also take my medicine. I can say Canelo showed something he had never shown me before. I have to say it's got to be a credit to his fans that night because boy he had serious support. That energy was probably his biggest drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      That was a brutal display of toughness and heart by both warriors
      very true. also have to credit canelo. He fought better than I ever imagined. Hes come a long way and will eventually a great boxer. I give him a year or two before hes going to be tough to beat.

Comment

• ima rewatch the fight later on today and rescore. Will post my results.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          ima rewatch the fight later on today and rescore. Will post my results.
          UGHHHH that sig doe

Comment

• Originally posted by ManOfVictory View Post
            cottos brother did better than cotto......lol

In a way, yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              ima rewatch the fight later on today and rescore. Will post my results.
              Love your avi bro! Good to see you crossed over to our side

#CaneloCartel

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
                Love your avi bro! Good to see you crossed over to our side

#CaneloCartel
                Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
                UGHHHH that sig doe
                no one crossed over. Just honoring my bet. I have this for a whole month and then I have to honor my bet with bardock

Comment

• Well,

I walked away with mixed feelings about the fight. I felt that Miguel did not do enough. You just can't win a fight with just a jab. His combos seem like he was just working the mitts they did not had that explosiveness, like he was holding back like when working with Freddy.

His right hand was effective on the first 2-3 rounds then it stopped completely. Barely worked the body, and seems like Canelo took his left hook away.

I had Canelo wining the fight by two rounds and one of them could be have gone to either.

The judges were atrocious with their scores, and I truly believe that the only way that Miguel could win was by stopping Canelo. I also credit Canelo fans for giving him the support that he need it to win the judges.

Where did Cotto angles go?
                  Little head movement by Miguel.
                  Soft combinations, where the power go?
                  Not enough body work early in the fight.
                  Jab was on point.
                  Right hand was on point for the first 2-3 rounds.

Canelo showed good head movement.
                  All his shots were thrown with bad intentions.
                  Decent defense against Cotto's left.

What you guys think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                    Well,

I walked away with mixed feelings about the fight. I felt that Miguel did not do enough. You just can't win a fight with just a jab. His combos seem like he was just working the mitts they did not had that explosiveness, like he was holding back like when working with Freddy.

His right hand was effective on the first 2-3 rounds then it stopped completely. Barely worked the body, and seems like Canelo took his left hook away.

I had Canelo wining the fight by two rounds and one of them could be have gone to either.

The judges were atrocious with their scores, and I truly believe that the only way that Miguel could win was by stopping Canelo. I also credit Canelo fans for giving him the support that he need it to win the judges.

Where did Cotto angles go?
                    Little head movement by Miguel.
                    Soft combinations, where the power go?
                    Not enough body work early in the fight.
                    Jab was on point.
                    Right hand was on point for the first 2-3 rounds.

Canelo showed good head movement.
                    All his shots were thrown with bad intentions.
                    Decent defense against Cotto's left.

What you guys think?
                    you have a good unbiased opinion about the fight, most cotto fans looked at it like you and i respect that a lot, there is only a few delusional ones that cant seem to be objective, the fight was closer than the scorecards and i have no problem admitting that...
                    Last edited by icha; 11-25-2015, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• I pretty much agree with you bro, but i gave Cotto around 4 rounds, give or take. I gotta watch it again on hbo replay and record it. you know, the slo-mo and all that...lol...j/k.

Comment

Working...
                      X