Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boxing To Remain in Olympics, But IOC Says AIBA Will Not Run It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boxing To Remain in Olympics, But IOC Says AIBA Will Not Run It

Boxing should retain its place at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo but the International Boxing Association (AIBA) should not organise it, says the International Olympic Committee.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They also need to change the format and scoring system. The current one gives certain boxers undue advantage over others.

Comment

What does that mean exactly? Is the IOC going to come up with a new qualifying system for the Olympics & do it all themselves? Or are they gonna take bids on who runs amateur boxing with the Olympics like the government does with hiring people to do specific jobs?

But yea these AIBA mfers seem like they need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        What does that mean exactly? Is the IOC going to come up with a new qualifying system for the Olympics & do it all themselves? Or are they gonna take bids on who runs amateur boxing with the Olympics like the government does with hiring people to do specific jobs?

But yea these AIBA mfers seem like they need to go.
        Don’t really care what they do as long as boxing still a part of it.

Hope it improves in the public, as well as the fans eyes.

Comment

I doubt it but hopefully Olympic Boxing gets straitened out.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
            Don’t really care what they do as long as boxing still a part of it.

Hope it improves in the public, as well as the fans eyes.
            I disagree. I think maybe they need to sideline boxing a Olympics or two & figure sh^t out. Far too much corruption & sketchiness in amateur boxing. Sucks if you are Olympic age right now, but its gonna suck if you get robbed of a gold or just a win you shoulda gotten too.

The odds 2020 is a bigger sh^tshow without anyone we know of running it are pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
              They also need to change the format and scoring system.
              What would you suggest they change with the format & scoring?

I like amateur boxing being scored more like pro boxing like they do now vs what they used to do with the points for punches landed.

Biggest issue is the corruption. If everything was on the up & up amateur boxing would be great, but you can never count on decisions making sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                What would you suggest they change with the format & scoring?

I like amateur boxing being scored more like pro boxing like they do now vs what they used to do with the points for punches landed.

Biggest issue is the corruption. If everything was on the up & up amateur boxing would be great, but you can never count on decisions making sense.
                I didn’t know they have changed it to the pro style. I thought it was still the dubious one where all the judges have to click the button at the same time for it to count.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                  They also need to change the format and scoring system. The current one gives certain boxers undue advantage over others.
                  Yeah, "certain boxers" as in home-nation boxers...

Comment

I lost interest in every Olympic sport that started allowing professional athletes to compete. That is not what it's all about. I don't care if some athletes from communist countries were close to being pros anyway. The real reason it is allowed is greed, just the same as greed is ruining most professional sports in our modern world.

Comment

Working...
                    X