No announcement yet.

Did you hear the sound of that punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    All you hater's are missing out on a VERY fun heavyweight!
    Well-put. I feel that the guy disrespects his craft by sporting bad technique and relying on power but I'm not bitter or stupid enough to deny myself enjoyment of what he does. THAT is heavyweight boxing. The reason we tolerate watching big guys lumber around is their bone-shaking POWER.
    His fights are fun as hell to watch. Too bad so many people have a stick so far up their ass they can't appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
      Best sound since Lennox dusted off Hasim Rachman.
      Yea great KO, but best part was how he set it up with the throw away left hooks to get Hasim to move his head into LL right.Boy the Brits will go nuts over this, but Wilder hits harder then Lewis, not rated as high(at least yet)but he hits harder one punch for one punch.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        All you hater's are missing out on a VERY fun heavyweight! Say what you want about his skill, but that boy can hit with ANYONE in history one punch for one punch.Loved the way he spun around BEFORE Breazeale even hit the ground when you hit a guy like that no need to even watch.Go back, close your eyes, and just listen.And anyone who is rooting against EITHER of these guys don't give 2 sh its about the sport because this fight(AJ V Wilder) is the best possible thing that can happen for our sport, the only thing better would be a trilogy between them.
        I'm glad you made this thread, I was looking for a discussion topic on this bout. I can't find any others, so it definitely deserved its own.

Well done you.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Well-put. I feel that the guy disrespects his craft by sporting bad technique and relying on power but I'm not bitter or stupid enough to deny myself enjoyment of what he does. THAT is heavyweight boxing. The reason we tolerate watching big guys lumber around is their bone-shaking POWER.
          His fights are fun as hell to watch. Too bad so many people have a stick so far up their ass they can't appreciate that.
          Hi skill is also underrated im not saying by ANY MEANS he is the next coming of Ali or Louis but his Jab and right behind it that right takes some skill.Watch how he turns that right in the 2nd Stiverne fight to were the knuckles are almost horizonal to slip thru Stiverne's gloves.He is basically a two trick pony, but their is some skill in those two tricks.His last two fights were against prob the two hardest guys to land jab against one a southpaw and the other a 6-9 switchhitter so it was not a big factor but still found away to land that right.AJ is a more complete fighter with a more diverse arsenal, but styles make fights and I always thought the way he fights on the line with little head movement is made for that one-two.The longer the fight goes favors AJ but only to a point because Wilder has shown better stamina.Wilder early,AJ mid,but prob back to Wilder if it goes past 7-8(but I don't see that).

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            I'm glad you made this thread, I was looking for a discussion topic on this bout. I can't find any others, so it definitely deserved its own.

Well done you.
            Thx every once in a while I get lucky.

Comment

If he KO's Wilder and Decisions or stops Fury, the haters will still complain about his style and ignore the dominating wins and the freakish once in a lifetime power. I'd take this over any Canelo fight any day.

Comment

I can’t remember the dudes name. A white Australian dude cracked Marquez with a loud hook once to. Marques got up from it tho. It was Katsidis.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Well said Foxx! I couldn't have said it any better myself

Comment

I whole heartedly agree brother. The Heavyweight division is exciting again since the days of Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                      I can’t remember the dudes name. A white Australian dude cracked Marquez with a loud hook once to. Marques got up from it tho. It was Katsidis.
                      That left hook was like a gunshot I can’t believe JMM got up. Kind of shot that derails plan but JMM has an uncanny ability to persevere.

And Adonis stopping Dawson. Dude knocked the career out that guy.

Martinez used to land his shots so clean. Even against Dzinziruk I remember those being loud as well. Great snap.

Honorable mention to an underrated shot of Cotto in the Mayorga fight and Mayorga’s reaction like “whyyyy!? Y u do dis?” Type s hit. Always made me laugh with that weird hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X