No announcement yet.

Canelo testing positive for Clen/PEDS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
    I have no idea why he chose to fight Rolls and it's not like I approve of it. Chances are there is a bigger fight down the road next fight and hes using this as a tune up as we both know he has a new trainer and possibly new style. I'm certain he dropped Sanchez because he finally realized Sanchez is a ****ty trainer who just relied on GGGs iron chin and power to win fights despite the fact GGG is a pretty good boxer.

Have you ever seen GGG do what he didnt during the second half of the 2nd canelo fight? I didnt even know what I was watching but it was great. No one knew GGG could box off his back foot because we, myself included wouldnt expect a come forward pressure fighter to be able to do that.

Canelo was on record saying he wouldnt fight GGG unless he had a belt but Oscar has been flip flopping and Hearn and DAZN want GGG/Canelo 3 and we all know money talks.

GGG does have an awful resume when compared to Canelos but that doesnt change the kind of talent he is or the fact that Canelo in his prime is pretty damn even with him despite him being ancient on boxing terms.

Also. Canelo didnt force GGG to fight vanes, but he did force GGG to wait. He had very clear options.

Fight a better opponent and risk losing and thus lose the Canelo fight or risk being injured.

Fight a can with low risk to lose and injury.

Do nothing.

If you were GGG what would you chose? Canelo is a legacy fight imo. And why wouldnt he want that
    considering near damn everyone thought he won the first fight? It's the best name he could have put on his resume.

Also about fighting cabbies. What would suggest that that is what GGG wanted? Dude was an Olympic silver medalist and was a knock out machine in his early career. He made a poor choice in promotion which is why he came to America.

You can fault him for that, but again, it doesnt change the kind of boxer he is and the talent he has. He was neck and neck with Canelo ffs.

Even without the resume it would be hard to bet against GGG if he had to fight the same names Canelo did. And yes, I know triangles dont exist in boxing, but they would be good fights where you know he would be competitive.

Yeah it sucks we didnt get to see it. But then again. Still doesnt change what kind of boxer he is and the talent he has.

And jabs. His jabs were snapping Canelos head back. That's a pretty good sign. Did everyone single one do it? Nope. But it happened enough where it became pretty noticeable.

Also. Wilder is pretty blasmophous to boxing for real. That's just a big dude swinging. His defense. Hes honestly just making stuff up as he goes I swear.
    Cool post homie, lots of truth in there.

Hoping Brezeale end's this annoying twat XD XD XD

Wilder is a poor man's GGG. As you said GGG is way more dynamic than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
      I really hate when people use total number of punches thrown as a metric because it can tell the whole story or none of it. Some people are high volume punchers because that's just the kind of offense they have. GGG always throws a million punches.

It's no different then a high volume shooter in the NBA. You can be efficent and get points or shoot slot. The result is the same.

And still no idea why Canelo didnt swell at all. He even ate a huge bomb that limp armed him and it did nothing. I know accurate punches can cause swelling but even you got to admit, Canelos face was something else.

I think that has to do more to about canelos face and less about what GGG did. GGG hits pretty much anyone else and there done. You tell me man. You cant honestly tell me that bomb wouldn't have put anyone else on the ground.

I'm one of those people that can agree that GGG won the first and drew the 2nd.

1st fight was either a 8-4 GGG or 7-5 GGG (best outcome for Canelo)

2nd fight was either a 7-5 GGG or draw (best outcome for Canelo)
      It's tough to gauge GGG's power because he has fought so few quality opponents.

Everyone thought Lucian Bute was a KO king. People thought Matthyse was a monster. People thought Broner was a beast.

It's not impossible to look exceptionally strong when your opponents are not exceptional.

GGG did have a flash KD against Danny, but never really hurt Danny. Nor did he really ever hurt Canelo.

I don't know how GGG fares against the rest of the loaded MW division. I think he gets good fights from pretty much all of them, honestly. I don't think many of those fights and in KO (if any), possibly some KD though.

Canelo did take a good shot, but it doesn't just show Canelo's got a great chin (which he does). Also suggests GGG might not be the freight train HBO hyped him to be (and he's not - couldn't hurt Danny or GGG despite the flash KD on Danny).

Comment

Guys are you for real? Why are you so naive?! 99% of professional athletes take PED's. Look at Joshua or any other "bodybuilders" it is so obvious that they all take steroids. Only the dumb boxers get caught as they don't "clean" the trace of banned substances on time.
        I'm amazed on people here believing that majority of elite boxers don't juice. It is a dirty business and everyone does it.
        I'm a big fan of eastern europe boxers as i'm russian and I can tell you for sure that all top athletes take "vitamins"

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
          Serious question - why doesn't anyone care that Canelo pissed dirty and got popped for PEDs? Like it hasn't hurt his image or earning ability at all. People just haven't cared.

My opinion is that of the 3 fan groups out there:

1) Floyd fans don't care because if he succeeds, it makes Floyd look good. Especially if he has success against GGG who they also hate.

2) Canelo fans will back him regardless. They just haven't seemed to care one bit.

3) GGG fans want the payday that comes from Canelo so they haven't made a big deal about it.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

If any other fighter pissed dirty like that I would just think they would lose a ton of support and Canelo didn't lose one fan. It's kind of surreal when you think about it.
          This thread further proves that 95% of posters with the word boxing as part of their screen name are ******ed.

A number of Floyd fans have consistently pointed out his PED use. Canelo winning doesn't affect Floyd's legacy in any way, shape or form. That is one of the single dumbest things that a loud, ******ed minority of people continue to suggest.

GGG fans point out his use as well. Thinking they want the payday so they don't say anything is utterly stupid. Like DAZN execs are going to look at NSB and say "no we will not make the Canelo/GGG 3 fight because GGG fans are calling him out for PED use."

It gets discussed and pointed out but frankly there are other more important things to discuss.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-10-2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post

Everyone thought Lucian Bute was a KO king. People thought Matthyse was a monster. People thought Broner was a beast.

It's not impossible to look exceptionally strong when your opponents are not exceptional.

GGG did have a flash KD against Danny, but never really hurt Danny. Nor did he really ever hurt Canelo.

I don't know how GGG fares against the rest of the loaded MW division. I think he gets good fights from pretty much all of them, honestly. I don't think many of those fights and in KO (if any), possibly some KD though.

Canelo did take a good shot, but it doesn't just show Canelo's got a great chin (which he does). Also suggests GGG might not be the freight train HBO hyped him to be (and he's not - couldn't hurt Danny or GGG despite the flash KD on Danny).
            Lol Danny got hurt quite a few times in that fight with GGG. And it probably took a lot off of his career by surviving like that. He hasn't been the same fighter since.

GGG has always been more of a 'every punch hurts, break you' type puncher. Not really a big one punch KO fighter.

He did break Brook's face. And just watching his fights and seeing what he did to quality opponents, vs what other good and top fighters have done to them - I mean it's obvious he is a big puncher. And KOed your boy Bute in the amateurs lol.

I think people that don't like GGG just want to look for something to hate on him for so they try and slight his opponents - he just made them look inferior because of how good he was.

Rosado is an example that comes to mind - look what he did to him vs what other good fighters have done to Rosado. Monroe Jr comes to mind as well. Lemieux etc. There's a long list.

Not saying those guys are HOFers. But the point you made was about his punching power and skills, and he has about 15 guys like that on his list. Who he KOed and beat worse than anyone else who fought those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              This thread further proves that 95% of posters with the word boxing as part of their screen name are ******ed.

A number of Floyd fans have consistently pointed out his PED use. Canelo winning doesn't affect Floyd's legacy in any way, shape or form. That is one of the single dumbest things that a loud, ******ed minority of people continue to suggest.

GGG fans point out his use as well. Thinking they want the payday so they don't say anything is utterly stupid. Like DAZN execs are going to look at NSB and say "no we will not make the Canelo/GGG 3 fight because GGG fans are calling him out for PED use."

It gets discussed and pointed out but frankly there are other more important things to discuss.
              Lol thanks for your opinion, tiny little midget man. Take an IQ test and post it on here if you're soooo much smarter than me lol.

Be well! Sorry I hurt your feelings in that other thread man, but you will get over it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post

GGGs power is overrated and criminally incorrect. He doesnt have one punch KO power like a lot of people thinks he does. His power comes from combinations and awkward punching angles. Combine that with his high punch output and a granite chin and he will eventually wear you down.

Now that's not saying GGG doesnt have any power. If one punch KO power is a ten hes probably a very solid 8 maybe 8.5. Canelo is pretty close. The only punch that he really throws that snaps is his jab. The rest are generated through elastic recoil. You've seen it over and over. Wide hooks with unpredictable angles that just thud his opponents.

But again. Like you said it's tough to be 100% accurate because hes never face top opposition until the age when most boxers decline.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  i respect your opinion , but to me, the using clen in mexico cuz there is a built in excuse, is bogus, clen is illegal anywhere ... if there was already a regulation for mexicans then i will have to agree with you, but the punishment is the same regardless.. if what you said was true then eddy or chepo are stupid AF...
                  Punishment is not the same for using Clen in Mexico vs. Getting caught with anything else. He got 6 months, which was a joke, but that's not the point. His reputation escaped almost without any harm.

There are threads made here weekly how Canelo was "proven clean". Most have forgotten about it by now. All of that is because of the built in excuse.

Compare this to any other athlete getting caught for PEDs. From abusers like Miller to guys like RJJ. It's mostly accepted that Roy didn't know there was bad stuff in ripped fuel, but most people still think he's a PED abuser.

Having an excuse makes a ton of difference, as it shifts the narrative from "he should watch what goes into his body" to "it's a countrywide problem and you can't blame him"

Comment

Serious question - why doesn't anyone care that Canelo pissed dirty and got popped for PEDs? Like it hasn't hurt his image or earning ability at all. People just haven't cared.

My opinion is that of the 3 fan groups out there:

1) Floyd fans don't care because if he succeeds, it makes Floyd look good. Especially if he has success against GGG who they also hate.

2) Canelo fans will back him regardless. They just haven't seemed to care one bit.

3) GGG fans want the payday that comes from Canelo so they haven't made a big deal about it.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

If any other fighter pissed dirty like that I would just think they would lose a ton of support and Canelo didn't lose one fan. It's kind of surreal when you think about it.
                    He gave a plausible reason why the tests came up negative. And he served his punishment regardless.

Now he's doing 24/7 365 VADA testing in an effort to make things right.

And he's fighting at an even higher level while clean than when he was while supposedly enhanced.

Comment

Lol Danny got hurt quite a few times in that fight with GGG. And it probably took a lot off of his career by surviving like that. He hasn't been the same fighter since
                      No he didnt. Danny looked bad against Arias and Sulecki, but looked great against Dervenchenko

GGG has always been more of a 'every punch hurts, break you' type puncher. Not really a big one punch KO fighter.

He did break Brook's face. And just watching his fights and seeing what he did to quality opponents, vs what other good and top fighters have done to them - I mean it's obvious he is a big puncher. And KOed your boy Bute in the amateurs lol.
                      ...Kell Brook is a WELTERWEIGHT. And Canelo almost - literally - KILLED Khan. Notice how nobody brings up either of those fights when evaluating power?

Weight classes exist for a reason

I think people that don't like GGG just want to look for something to hate on him for so they try and slight his opponents - he just made them look inferior because of how good he was.

Rosado is an example that comes to mind - look what he did to him vs what other good fighters have done to Rosado. Monroe Jr comes to mind as well. Lemieux etc. There's a long list.
                      Neither Rosado, Monroe Jr., or Lemieux are "good fighters". Those three are all essentially gatekeepers. Notice how NONE of then have EVER been a champion? In todays era of 4+ belts owr weight class...its not rocket science to win a belt.

Not saying those guys are HOFers. But the point you made was about his punching power and skills, and he has about 15 guys like that on his list. Who he KOed and beat worse than anyone else who fought those guys.
                      GGG clearly has power. Canelo - who is an elite fighter - said he had power, but stopping Lemieux, Steven's, Rosado, Proksa, or Murray doesnt mean "wow, what power".

Remember Matthyse and Bute and Charlo brothers stop most people they fight...it just so happens most people they fight are severely overmatched.

Charlo literally has 1-2 fights worth discussing...an unimpressive decision against and a stoppage of Julian William's. That doesnt mean his power is like young Mike Tyson. It just means most of the time he can get lesser fighters out of there...which is what hes done so far in his career...only fighting LESSER fighters though.

When Matthyse and Bute stepped up they experienced the same thing...power went from extraordinary to...slightly above ordinary.

Deontay Wilder is a horrible boxer. Just because he has a lot of 1 punch KOs does not mean his power is legendary. Fury and Ortiz are good HWs today, but they would not have been remotely relevant during the 90's. Wilder would not have survived the 90s. Wilder KOing or KDing lesser fighters does not make his power anything more than what it is - acute, fast, but relatively unproven (I rate Fury and Ortiz both C level fighters...they would be gatekeepers if HW wasnt so bad)

Comment

Working...
                      X