Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where, realistically, does Wilder fit in the Top 10?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where, realistically, does Wilder fit in the Top 10?

Obviously Joshuanis the number 1 and Whyte probably #2

I think some of the prospects come next ahead of Fury.

Joyce, Dubois, Miller, Agjaba are all good and bookies would make any of those matches an even contest.

Then I'd have Fury and Gorman in there.

Then maybe Wilder, or possibly Kownaki (spelling?).

With no real resume to speak of it's hard to say if Wilder should be top 10. Now that he has been exposed as basic domestic US level it's only a matter of time till one of these taxi driver types actually takes the hostage back. Hoping Big Dom does a job on him as that attack that Wilder and his entourage made on Breazeale in front of his wife and kids - wow! That should motivate DB to grab the belt. I like his chances.

... "Where, realistically, does Wilder fit in the Top 10?"

... "realistically" he's at #0... he rulz...

Comment

Originally posted by 15 Rounds again View Post
      Obviously Joshuanis the number 1 and Whyte probably #2

I think some of the prospects come next ahead of Fury.

Joyce, Dubois, Miller, Agjaba are all good and bookies would make any of those matches an even contest.

Then I'd have Fury and Gorman in there.

Then maybe Wilder, or possibly Kownaki (spelling?).

With no real resume to speak of it's hard to say if Wilder should be top 10. Now that he has been exposed as basic domestic US level it's only a matter of time till one of these taxi driver types actually takes the hostage back. Hoping Big Dom does a job on him as that attack that Wilder and his entourage made on Breazeale in front of his wife and kids - wow! That should motivate DB to grab the belt. I like his chances.
      You forgot the GOAT Ortiz, he's somewhere there in top 1.

Comment

#2, in a weak division.

Comment

Honest and unbiased opinion. Joshua and Fury are definitely ahead of Wilder right now but i dont think i can say for certain that anybody else is ahead of Wilder. He is technically the worst Boxer in the top 10 but that power is getting the job done even though he tends to get outboxed most of the time but he drops them and stops them. The power cant be ignored, it is a leveler and a game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            Honest and unbiased opinion. Joshua and Fury are definitely ahead of Wilder right now but i dont think i can say for certain that anybody else is ahead of Wilder. He is technically the worst Boxer in the top 10 but that power is getting the job done even though he tends to get outboxed most of the time but he drops them and stops them. The power cant be ignored, it is a leveler and a game changer.
            absolutely this ^^^^

If we are talking "skill" then he struggles to make top 10, watch any of his fights prior to him landing for a million examples.

But to be fair to the man, that right hand is dangerous but i think Fury showed it's not as bad as we all imagined.

People who I think beat Wilder... Povetkin, AJ, Whyte, Fury (did IMO), H Fury (boring UD but Wilder windmilling lol)
            Parker (that chin)

Maybe Pulev

Im gonna be generous and put Wilder 6/7, when he fights these men, he will lose. Thats why he's fought cans, old Ortiz & a 70% Fury
            Last edited by leeroy84; 03-23-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
              absolutely this ^^^^

If we are talking "skill" then he struggles to make top 10, watch any of his fights prior to him landing for a million examples.

But to be fair to the man, that right hand is dangerous but i think Fury showed it's not as bad as we all imagined.

People who I think beat Wilder... Povetkin, AJ, Whyte, Fury (did IMO), H Fury (boring UD but Wilder windmilling lol)
              Parker (that chin)

Maybe Pulev

Im gonna be generous and put Wilder 6/7, when he fights these men, he will lose. Thats why he's fought cans, old Ortiz & a 70% Fury
              This is probably the fairest assessment - without my winding up the Deontay fans.

I do think some of these prospects coming through will pose a problem for the top few.

Ajagba (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong), Joyce Dubois and Gorman are all capable guys and will be knocking on the door next 12 - 18 months.

Comment

Lol come on op troll threads like this just give wilder fans ammo there’s no way whyte is number 2. I have wilder 3rd with fury no 2 and aj no1

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                  Lol come on op troll threads like this just give wilder fans ammo there’s no way whyte is number 2. I have wilder 3rd with fury no 2 and aj no1
                  You would be in agreement with Ring on that for what it's worth. Which IMO is a far better source than someone like the OP who is so threatened that their balls have shrunk to the size of BBs.

Comment

Fury, AJ, then Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                    X