Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people overlooking Carlos Cuadras' chances against Roman Gonzalez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are people overlooking Carlos Cuadras' chances against Roman Gonzalez?

Carlos Cuadras is in his prime at age 28 and his record is 35-0-1. Roman Gonzalez will be his 7th defense of his WBC Super Flyweight title.

I've been watching him on Youtube, he's actually very good.

I'm not saying he'll beat Gonzalez, but he's not going to be a pushover.

Cuadras could absolutely win this fight, he's said before he'll go to 126 and maybe even 130 one day. Gonzalez going to 122 would make him a 6 division champ and I don't like his chances there. Cuadras' draw is also one of those 4 round TDs not a real one.

Comment

Yeah cuadras is a very live dog.. Roman fanboys are overlooking him.

Comment

The odds are definitely bat**** crazy. He's like a +425 to +550 dog on the books I've looked at in the last few days. So yea if I'm betting with all things being even I'm going with Roman, but at the odds being offered there is a bunch of value in Carlos that a lot of people are sleeping on.

Comment

I know he's a tough fight and a good fighter, but watching him doesn't give me the impression of a fighter that Gonzalez will lose to. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Yeah cuadras is a very live dog.. Roman fanboys are overlooking him.
            Yes, it may be a difficult fight for Gonzalez.

Comment

I was actually watching a couple clips on him. I think Roman is in real tough here.

I won't be shocked if he beats Roman.

Comment

I'm rolling with my boy Cuadras. His power, combinations and foot speed will give Roman a hard time. When was the last time Roman fought someone with all those attributes consolidated in one fighter? Oh that's right, Estrada damn near 4 years ago.

Comment

There isn't much mainstream recognition of smaller fighters. People were selling McWilliams Arroyo short (and didn't give him much credit either live if you ask me, but that's another story) even though he's solid. Not many people have seen Cuadras fight live, so odds were against him being seen as a solid underdog against someone who has received recognition as #1 P4P by many.

Robert Guerrero was 25/1 to 30/1 to beat Peralta if I'm not mistaken, and that was probably because no one really knew who Peralta was.

At 7/1 to 9/1 Roman Gonzalez is a large but not prohibitive favorite. I think the odds should be a bit closer but it's the correct order of magnitude. Cuadras could win but probably he won't.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-07-2016, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Nope.
                    Only reason people who have never seen Cuadras or had even heard of him until this fight was announced are trying to big him up now is to artifically attempt to pad Romans record when he stops him.
                    He looked like crap for a good couple of fights along with an unimpressive showing against Concepcion. Thats not to bring up the fact that he was very lucky against Srisaket sor Rungvisai who was starting to break down Cuadras before the fight was laughably stopped on a completely irrelevant cut in order to save Cuadras from future possible catastrophe.

If Cuadras is still standing by the end of the fight, I will be absolutely shocked.

Comment

Working...
                    X