Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Mexican fighters change their "mindless brawler" image?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    The media has pinned that image unfairly on Mexican fighters, especially HBO. They tell the public that mindless brawling is the "Mexican style" but that couldn't be further from the truth. Watch the Morales vs. Barrera trilogy. The fights were exciting but I would not consider them all out brawls. Both fighters were very tactical in their approach and the fights were high speed chess matches which are the best fights to watch, IMO.

What disgusted me was how the HBO commentators were trashing the second fight because it was fought at a slower pace. They completely ignored the adjustments both fighters made from their first fight and Merchant especially, was critical of both fighters.

The way Mexican fighters can change their mindless brawler image is by getting ring announcers who actually know what they are watching and can educate the audience of what the fighters are doing in the ring.
    I wouldn't say that the media and HBO associate the Mexican fighting style with "mindless brawling". When they talk about the Mexican fighting style, they talk more about the bravery in which they fight. It has nothing to do with being mindless. Mexican fighters usually fight back when hurt instead of retreating, running, holding, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      If you my son, I would really have off'd myself.

"Jesus Christ he's a ******"

That or I'd just throw you in a river
      If you were my son I would have off'd you a long time ago. Lol put you down like the mutt you are

Comment

Queercules has the audacity to bring up vagabond when he snitches him out and gets him banned. What a soft ass b1tch. who snitches to the mods as nonchalantly as this f4ggot does?

No joke your daddy must have not been around for you to be so soft

Comment

All I know is the Mexican fighters of this generation need to grow some balls. Morales and Barrera made me fall in love with boxing. Then I watch the pathetic efforts from Canelo and Rios in their fights against May and Pac, and Leo Santa Cruz turning into a woman by avoiding Rigo and it all just makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            The media has pinned that image unfairly on Mexican fighters, especially HBO. They tell the public that mindless brawling is the "Mexican style" but that couldn't be further from the truth. Watch the Morales vs. Barrera trilogy. The fights were exciting but I would not consider them all out brawls. Both fighters were very tactical in their approach and the fights were high speed chess matches which are the best fights to watch, IMO.

What disgusted me was how the HBO commentators were trashing the second fight because it was fought at a slower pace. They completely ignored the adjustments both fighters made from their first fight and Merchant especially, was critical of both fighters.

The way Mexican fighters can change their mindless brawler image is by getting ring announcers who actually know what they are watching and can educate the audience of what the fighters are doing in the ring.
            Word.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              I wouldn't say that the media and HBO associate the Mexican fighting style with "mindless brawling". When they talk about the Mexican fighting style, they talk more about the bravery in which they fight. It has nothing to do with being mindless. Mexican fighters usually fight back when hurt instead of retreating, running, holding, etc..
              Yeah.. Lol @ HBO hyping a broadcast with the words "mindless brawling". If you're going to be on HBO, you better provide some action - that only translates into "mindless brawling" if the viewer would rather watch marathons with single digit output.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                They were EXTREMELY critical during the early rounds of Barrera vs. Morales 2 because both fighters were using their heads like it was something out of the ordinary. Instead of educating the audience about why the fight was being fought at a slower pace they criticized the HOF fighters on their approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  Queercules has the audacity to bring up vagabond when he snitches him out and gets him banned. What a soft ass b1tch. who snitches to the mods as nonchalantly as this f4ggot does?

No joke your daddy must have not been around for you to be so soft
                  Not once, but twice I can see why you're so mad. You're boyfriend is gone.

I think someone else might catch a ban also

I wondered why you've been lurking and not posting so often, because Vaga is gone LoL.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Not once, but twice I can see why you're so mad. You're boyfriend is gone.

I think someone else might catch a ban also

I wondered why you've been lurking and not posting so often, because Vaga is gone LoL.
                    Lol proud snitch huh? Haven't been posting? I've been in the thunderdome for fcks sake ******.

Might catch a ban? lol what are you going to do cry to the mods ? Pretend to be all buddy buddy with BG? facking pathetic bro. You have no real friends, that's why you have like a Million posts and no real life. This is your life. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                      Lol proud snitch huh? Haven't been posting? I've been in the thunderdome for fcks sake ******.

Might catch a ban? lol what are you going to do cry to the mods ? Pretend to be all buddy buddy with BG? facking pathetic bro. You have no real friends, that's why you have like a Million posts and no real life. This is your life. Lol
                      Been in the TD doing what? Getting your ass handed to you like always?

I'm at work now fool, ever hear of an iPhone? Don't worry I'm sure Vaga is around somewhere, don't worry Mano!

Comment

Working...
                      X