Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some fighters flat footed? Is it genetic like speed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some fighters flat footed? Is it genetic like speed?

Guys like Canelo and Broner have fast hands but they fight like their feet are stuck in mud. Seriously look at the Canelo Floyd fight then compare how much lighter Maidana is and how quick he is compared to Saul at cutting the ring off.

Do the more bouncy fighters have more arched feet?

It's a training method thing, but I also think it's a genetic thing. White guy syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      It's a training method thing, but I also think it's a genetic thing. White guy syndrome.
      Broner's black and he's flat footed as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Free Booty Dew! View Post
        Broner's black and he's flat footed as hell.
        I didn't say only white guys have it. I called it white guy syndrome. Like when a white guy has a little funk to his step, or can dance like a black guy. Same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Free Booty Dew! View Post
          Guys like Canelo and Broner have fast hands but they fight like their feet are stuck in mud. Seriously look at the Canelo Floyd fight then compare how much lighter Maidana is and how quick he is compared to Saul at cutting the ring off.

Do the more bouncy fighters have more arched feet?
          No I think it's lack of training to cut off the ring, look at Margs his foot speed is pretty slow but it doesnt matter he was taught how to cut the ring off properly. So pretty much the trainers suck and if a trainer can't teach a fighter how to cut the ring off a fighter needs to move on,especially Canelo

Comment

I didn't see that you used Miadana as an example. I thought you were talking about slick guys like Floyd compared to Canelo.

Comment

Maidana just walks people down unafraid of walking into punches. With Canelo,to this day I still have no idea why he did what he did against Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
                Maidana just walks people down unafraid of walking into punches. With Canelo,to this day I still have no idea why he did what he did against Floyd.
                He's a fooking moron lol.

Really disappointed me in trying to outbox Floyd mid range.

But you're partially wrong about Maidana, he is simply lighter on his feet and can punch bouncing forward. Canelo was dreadfully slow at even getting next to Floyd.

Comment

In Canelo's case he had no energy, he had to drain himself to 152 and he looked like a shell of himself in the ring, like his feet were in concrete.

Comment

I don't think being a flat footed fighter is determined by if you actually have flat feet lol. It's how they were taught. Broner bounced around a little vs taylor

Comment

Working...
                    X