Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Shawn Porter - Who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Well, he clinched Porter into submission... That's a start for everything -- Brook would clinch Maidana the same way... There's a blueprint now...
    Not really.

Brook is a boxer puncher, he likes to do clean work. Guys who's gameplan is to press their head into your chest and work in is a dirty fashion are asking to be clinched though, if that's all you have to offer then why not take it away? Devon Alexander did that to Maidana and he had nothing else to offer.

P.S. I believe Porter was to blame for the clinching. Clinches are a staple of every Porter fight, the way he bull-rushes makes them inevitable.
    Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 08-19-2014, 07:30 AM.

Comment

you brits are freaking hysterical. i am trying to let you enjoy your win. i really am.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        you brits are freaking hysterical. i am trying to let you enjoy your win. i really am.
        And we are.

Greatly. Because your boy got schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          And we are.

Greatly. Because your boy got schooled.

just recognize that kell brook used clinching as one of his chief tactics to win, and clearly practiced in the gym. that's honestly what won him the fight. porter couldn't do anything inside. brook was too strong in the clinches to get manhandled. he'd clinch, turn him, and walk porter to the ropes.

when ward's ou tthere turning ooponents into human pretzles, and beating on them with the free hand [no ****,] celebrate it.

Comment

man stop with all these silly questions. this is the norm around here lately.. an "ok" boxer/fighter beat someone and then all of a sudden u get threads like so and so will KO manny or who do u think will win if so and so fought floyd, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
              man stop with all these silly questions. this is the norm around here lately.. an "ok" boxer/fighter beat someone and then all of a sudden u get threads like so and so will KO manny or who do u think will win if so and so fought floyd, etc.
              Well actually this is a thread about the loser of the fight, so maybe you should get your glasses on.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post

this thread is in direct response to one of the most influential bsceners of all time, me.

floyd and manny are getting old. they are not going to fight forever. freaking marquez knocked manny out. marquez loses to most of the top WW. floyd looked his age against maidana, a limited fighter. floyd joys will lead you to believe that floy dwas on the ropes "becasue he wanted excitement doe." those guys are idiots. floyd was on the ropes because he doesn't have the legs to box from teh center of the ring any longer.

you ugys really need tos tart to recognize that these guys aren't going to fight forever, adn that they're human.

Comment

just recognize that kell brook used clinching as one of his chief tactics to win, and clearly practiced in the gym. that's honestly what won him the fight. porter couldn't do anything inside. brook was too strong in the clinches to get manhandled. he'd clinch, turn him, and walk porter to the ropes.

when ward's ou tthere turning ooponents into human pretzles, and beating on them with the free hand [no ****,] celebrate it.
                  He did. And it's definitely not something I'd like to see anymore of. But fighting a guy like Porter, it's really the only option you have.

Ward did fight a good fight vs Froch, I'll give him that. But I still can't forgive him for his fight vs Kessler which was ten times worse than anything Brook did in the Porter fight.

Comment

this thread is in direct response to one of the most influential bsceners of all time, me.

floyd and manny are getting old. they are not going to fight forever. freaking marquez knocked manny out. marquez loses to most of the top WW. floyd looked his age against maidana, a limited fighter. floyd joys will lead you to believe that floy dwas on the ropes "becasue he wanted excitement doe." those guys are idiots. floyd was on the ropes because he doesn't have the legs to box from teh center of the ring any longer.

you ugys really need tos tart to recognize that these guys aren't going to fight forever, adn that they're human.
                    First bold is idiotic. People who say that should admit themselves to a mental institution.

Second bold. I don't know. I find it hard to believe that a guy who was excellent vs Canelo just 6 months prior, has lost his legs. The rematch will tell us more about where Floyd is.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Well actually this is a thread about the loser of the fight, so maybe you should get your glasses on.
                      loser/winner doesnt matter. when porter beat paulie the same shiiet got posted. fighters are being hyped after 1 ok win, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X