Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Set For Ndiaye, Eyes Abraham-Stieglitz II Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves Set For Ndiaye, Eyes Abraham-Stieglitz II Winner

By Jake Donovan - George Groves refuses to let another opportunity slip through his fingertips.

The unbeaten super middleweight contender was on the verge of his first major title shot, only to have to withdraw from his scheduled bout with then-defending titlist Robert Stieglitz last May.

Groves once again has a title fight on this radar, providing he gets past Mouhamed Ali Ndiaye on March 16 at Wembley Arena in London. The bout serves as the chief support to the lightweight unification bout between Ricky Burns and Miguel Vazquez.

The timing of the fight is perfect for his future plans, as he will immediately set his sights on the winner of the rematch between Stieglitz and Arthur Abraham, scheduled for one week later on March 23.

“With me being number one in the WBO that is the direction that I’m going in and I’ve got to keep an eye on these guys as I’ll be looking to fight the winner next,” said Groves.

“I’m focused on the fight in hand first, though, against Ndiaye and winning the European title, but once I come through that I want to be in Germany to see Abraham against Stieglitz up close.” [Click Here To Read More]

Groves stops Ndiaye and will outclass both Abrahams and Stieglitz but won't necessarry win if this is against Abrahams as this fight will take place in Germany. I think Groves can stop Abrahams but if he doe'snt we all know what happens in Germany and I can't see Abrahams agreeing to fight anywhere else - I wish Groves the best because he is the British future at Super Middleweight and not De gale.

Comment

That's Kenny Anderson, not Stephen Anderson. Why does Jake keep getting his name wrong like an eejit?
      Last edited by PittyPat; 02-06-2013, 10:36 AM.

Comment

If Groves wins against N'Diaye and then against Abraham or Stieglitz, and Froch wins against Kessler, I would love to see another all British unification with Froch and Groves, in the same way as years ago we saw Calzaghe v Eubank. It would be huge for the British public and would warrant a stadium fight. Please make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
          Groves stops Ndiaye and will outclass both Abrahams and Stieglitz but won't necessarry win if this is against Abrahams as this fight will take place in Germany. I think Groves can stop Abrahams but if he doe'snt we all know what happens in Germany and I can't see Abrahams agreeing to fight anywhere else - I wish Groves the best because he is the British future at Super Middleweight and not De gale.
          Groves KO Abraham ? I don't know what you smoked but it seems to be good.

Oh by the way, AA is the champ, if you want to challenge the champ, you have to fight in his hometown, why the f0ck would he move for Groves ginger ass ?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMegLlo83 View Post
            If Groves wins against N'Diaye and then against Abraham or Stieglitz, and Froch wins against Kessler, I would love to see another all British unification with Froch and Groves, in the same way as years ago we saw Calzaghe v Eubank. It would be huge for the British public and would warrant a stadium fight. Please make it happen!
            Stop Abraham??? name one guy who was close to stop Abraham?? Neither Froch nor Ward could stop him, what made you think that Groves will be able to do that? lol

Comment

Originally posted by sako5 View Post
              Groves KO Abraham ? I don't know what you smoked but it seems to be good.

Oh by the way, AA is the champ, if you want to challenge the champ, you have to fight in his hometown, why the f0ck would he move for Groves ginger ass ?
              If the fight happens it will only be in Germany agreed - unless Warren can force the fight to purses, which I'm sure he will try but ultimately it will be in Germany- saying that I think Groves can be the first man to stop Abrahams but he will have to be on his game - don't call him names like Degale who has no class lets get behind him as I think he deserves it.

Comment

The WBO title means absolutlly nothing @ 168Lb. Andre Ward is 100% #1 with Froch a close 2nd. Groves should not waste his time with stieglitz or Abraham, maybe a Commonwealth title defence against Adonis Stephenson could work better.

Comment

I wouldn't put it past old stumpy-armed Abraham to render the ginger lad senseless.He's still heavy-handed enough at 168 to pose a knockout threat throughout the fight,and there are still question marks regarding ugly kid's chin and defense.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                    I wouldn't put it past old stumpy-armed Abraham to render the ginger lad senseless.He's still heavy-handed enough at 168 to pose a knockout threat throughout the fight,and there are still question marks regarding ugly kid's chin and defense.
                    I think Groveswill surprise you - come on guys enough with the insults one Degale is more than enough thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X