Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what age do you think you'll stop listening to street style rap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by res View Post
    Well a person might want to do it for their kids since kids watch everything you do.

Aside from that I would say this. You should outgrow listening to gangsta rappers just because their "gangsta" around your mid twenties at the latest. In reality, I like Biggie despite the fact that he is a gangsta rapper not because of it. What I really like is his story telling and powers of description, flow and creativity. Sometime you do feel silly listening to him because of what he's talking about.

If you cut all that stuff out it won't be too bad, you got Gangstarr, Nice and Smooth , The Roots and plenty of other acts.

Bingo.

When you have kids and are a decent parent, you monitor what they listen too and watch. I was bumpin J Zone with my sons in the back and they were 5 and 3, Zone says, "breath smells like a bag of buttcheeks". 5 year old says, "ewwww". Sometimes we forget how smart our kids are and how much they pay attention to things. After that and hearing him recite the words to "Pass That", I had to really watch what I put on around them.

But I also am just not impressed by any "gangsta" rappers today. Its entirely played out when you've listened to every tom, dick and harry claim to be the worlds baddest man. I'm not 14, that **** doesn't impress me.

Comment

Working...
    X