No announcement yet.

GBP are Setting Canelo up for a fall...and they don't even realise it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    See, this is where it's not as black and white as you think. First off, with all this money talk, its always important to remember that athletes, in particular boxers, still care baout legacy and it irks many when they aren't appreciated...not even realising that its their own fault in many cases.
    I didn't think I was being black or white.

On top of that, money will also be affected, as less people will start tuning into ppv. Heck, the whole ppv market in the us took a massive hit following the shambles that was may/pac.
    What PPV fights happened post-MayPac that were supposed to do big numbers? You can't have big PPV numbers form GGG vs Lemieux or Pacquiao vs Bradley III or Floyd vs Berto or Kovalev vs Ward or Pacquiao vs Vargas or Canelo vs Khan.

The biggest fight post-MayPac was Canelo vs Cotto, Cotto being a proven PPV entity & it resulted in Canelo's biggest PPV number as the A side so it was a nice success.

I feel like that PPV market in shambles stuff is some not true sh^t. You can't just get big PPV numbers for non-big fights. And Floyd & Manny were HUGE forces of nature in PPV when they fought good opponents (& Manny showed not so good when fighting bs opponents as he had 350k buys vs Algieri right before MayPac).

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I didn't think I was being black or white.

What PPV fights happened post-MayPac that were supposed to do big numbers? You can't have big PPV numbers form GGG vs Lemieux or Pacquiao vs Bradley III or Floyd vs Berto or Kovalev vs Ward or Pacquiao vs Vargas or Canelo vs Khan.

The biggest fight post-MayPac was Canelo vs Cotto, Cotto being a proven PPV entity & it resulted in Canelo's biggest PPV number as the A side so it was a nice success.

I feel like that PPV market in shambles stuff is some not true sh^t. You can't just get big PPV numbers for non-big fights. And Floyd & Manny were HUGE forces of nature in PPV when they fought good opponents (& Manny showed not so good when fighting bs opponents as he had 350k buys vs Algieri right before MayPac).
      Pacquiao is still one of boxing's biggest names and his PPVs have just not stacked up since. Mayweather was in a PPV against Berto and similar levels of opponents have garnered 1+mill buys in the past...this didn't even do half that. You can stay in denial if you like.

Comment

Pacquiao is still one of boxing's biggest names and his PPVs have just not stacked up since. Mayweather was in a PPV against Berto and similar levels of opponents have garnered 1+mill buys in the past...this didn't even do half that. You can stay in denial if you like.
        Manny was selling vs poor opponents PREVIOUS to MayPac like I said doe. And look back at the time...Floyd's most bs opponent ever since he become a PPV draw was Berto. And the public responded accordingly.

The public doesn't just buy bs. They buy what they want to see. And they wanna see Manny vs Mosley. They wanna see Floyd vs Cotto. They wanna see Canelo vs Cotto, but if you throw Manny vs Rios, Floyd vs Berto or Canelo vs Liam Smith the public tells you those are bs fights by not buying the PPV.

Being the PPV king isn't about just being the PPV king & collecting the checks. You gotta put together the big PPV king fights & when you don't thats the denial thats real & given to boxers by not giving them your money.

Shambles lol. Thats like saying a guy who got fired from his job isn't able to make money no more. Well no sh^t til he gets another job. And thats what the deal was post MayPac, no one put on any good PPV fights, I mean name f#cking one good fight with names except Canelo vs Cotto?, so no one got 600k+ buys expect the fight people cared about (Canelo vs Cotto then Canelo vs Chavez Jr. then MayMac & now Canelo vs GGG).

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          Canelo is the most talented fighter at 154-160 hands down..He is special because he is still learning and expanding his game..He has a ways to go but he is not stick in his ways
          Look at this messican

Comment

I can see it happen to some but looks at his record already.

He's not being set up for anything but being successful and growing within the sport. Canelo is a star and the face of boxing Who just drew with the boogyman.

Your statement pertains to other boxers who is just getting by the gate keepers in their div. as the competition get's better they look ****tier and ****tier.

Comment

canelo is gonna be matched carefully from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                I can see it happen to some but looks at his record already.

He's not being set up for anything but being successful and growing within the sport. Canelo is a star and the face of boxing Who just drew with the boogyman.

Your statement pertains to other boxers who is just getting by the gate keepers in their div. as the competition get's better they look ****tier and ****tier.
                But your last paragrpah pretty much describes Canelo lol

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                Yeah. If Canelo has the GGG rematch and if he gets through via robbery again, I can't see him facing another genuine threat until GBP are ready to cash him out.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                  GGG needs to up his game against elite level fighters. his power is

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    Canelo is the most talented fighter at 154-160 hands down..He is special because he is still learning and expanding his game..He has a ways to go but he is not stick in his ways
                    LMAO, she just got worked over, ran for her life and got a gift draw. "Most talented" huh?

Comment

But your last paragrpah pretty much describes Canelo lol

Yeah. If Canelo has the GGG rematch and if he gets through via robbery again, I can't see him facing another genuine threat until GBP are ready to cash him out.
                      So your saying Canelo as a fighter is not getting better?

Your perspective is really sounding bias consider he's in the ring with a guy most consider a top p4p fighter and drew even. Name a boxer who's on the same path as Canelo at 49-1-2.

Comment

Working...
                      X