Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Kell Brook beats Earl Spencer, would fighting Amir Khan next be a stepdown?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Kell Brook beats Earl Spencer, would fighting Amir Khan next be a stepdown?

Assuming Kell Brook puts a whooping on Earl Spencer. Would fighting Amir Khan in his next fight be a comedown? I know Khan is praying that Spencer wins so then he can avoid Brook. But it works both ways, if Brook wins I'd rather see him fight Keith Thurman. Even the Shawn Porter rematch or Danny Garcia in the US would be better legacy fights.

It would be a step down. But I don't think anyone will or should give Brook **** over it because he would be coming off back to back fights from facing Triple G and Spence.

I wouldn't expect Brook to fight Triple G, Spence and Thurman back to back to back.

If Brook were to fight Thurman next, expect a long recovery lay off first before fighting Thurman.
    Last edited by The Time; 05-27-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Yes -khan would need to beat someone like Thurman to get Brook in Wembley..

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
        Assuming Kell Brook puts a whooping on Earl Spencer. Would fighting Amir Khan in his next fight be a comedown? I know Khan is praying that Spencer wins so then he can avoid Brook. But it works both ways, if Brook wins I'd rather see him fight Keith Thurman. Even the Shawn Porter rematch or Danny Garcia in the US would be better legacy fights.
        Yes. The only fights for Choco brownie is he wins tonight are Thurman and Pac. Garcia is way too flat footed.

He needs to go up to 154 after that.

Comment

Step down in terms of difficulty but step up in terms of profile, event and every other aspect.

Comment

Suppose it would be a good tune-up for Kell and he'd make a ton of money.

Comment

Khan needs to leave the sport alone and go play chess, oops, brain needed for that. Go play something...
              Last edited by eco1; 05-27-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Amir Khan should get the same purse split as Earl Spencer, be that 75/25 or whatever it is.

Comment

Spence > Khan

Comment

I would think so.

But it would also be dangerous, because everybody apart from Amir himself can see that he's woefully irrelevant, and hasn't done anything of substance apart from get destroyed by Canelo, and sit down to have a quick cup of tea in Tarterus, before returning to his body.

The danger I speak of, would be that of him being the overwhelming favourite in the fight; even in the eyes of the casual boxing fans. That would then pile pressure onto his shoulders, and we don't know how he'd handle it.

That said, even if it's a step down in terms of quality, it's still a domestic grudge match, and despite Amir Khan having kind of ****ed with the interest and momentum of the fight with his b*tch antics, it would STILL be a massive fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X