Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else find it weird suddenly Brook's team is worried about his health?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else find it weird suddenly Brook's team is worried about his health?

Eddie Hearn has said he think it's safer for Brook to fight at 154 instead of going back to 147. Brook's team said it's better for his health to fight at 154 than going back to 147. Where were these concerned people when Hearn asked him to move up to 160 to fight GGG because he didn't want to lose money on the Vargas/Brook fight? Hearn said Kell was walking around heavier than GGG but here's Kell himself 4 days before the GGG fight was announced saying he's in the gym getting ready for Vargas. He's also talking about unifying with Keith or Danny in 2017.

Although Eddie was telling us Kell is bigger than GGG here's Kell admitting he's never been as heavy as he was before the GGG fight.

"I'm normally heavy. Not as heavy as I am now...

Hearn has even said he'd rather have Kell fight Amir at 147 than Pacquiao because Amir is the easier fight.

Why are these people suddenly concerned about his well being fighting Spence at 147 but weren't concerned about his well being moving up 2 divisions to fight one of the most dangerous men in the sport? It just doesn't add up to me.

Yea, it's real transparent. I used to like Brook, before he wasted 2 years on joke mandos, then did a cash grab, then ducked his mando because he had a pulse. What a waste of potential.

Comment

They are worried about him losing. Although he lost to GGG, the fight and his performance made him a name. Getting demolished by Spence would kill his standing for major fights

Comment

Maybe they don't want Brook to lose his eye?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
          Maybe they don't want Brook to lose his eye?
          Well they should advise him to retire instead of moving to a higher weight class with more devastating punchers.

Comment

He took the coward's way out. He sold his 0 to a man 2 divisions above him.

Comment

Remember RJJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                Remember RJJ?
                That was 25 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Eddie Hearn has said he think it's safer for Brook to fight at 154 instead of going back to 147. Brook's team said it's better for his health to fight at 154 than going back to 147. Where were these concerned people when Hearn asked him to move up to 160 to fight GGG because he didn't want to lose money on the Vargas/Brook fight? Hearn said Kell was walking around heavier than GGG but here's Kell himself 4 days before the GGG fight was announced saying he's in the gym getting ready for Vargas. He's also talking about unifying with Keith or Danny in 2017.

Although Eddie was telling us Kell is bigger than GGG here's Kell admitting he's never been as heavy as he was before the GGG fight.

"I'm normally heavy. Not as heavy as I am now...

Hearn has even said he'd rather have Kell fight Amir at 147 than Pacquiao because Amir is the easier fight.

Why are these people suddenly concerned about his well being fighting Spence at 147 but weren't concerned about his well being moving up 2 divisions to fight one of the most dangerous men in the sport? It just doesn't add up to me.
                  Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Yea, it's real transparent. I used to like Brook, before he wasted 2 years on joke mandos, then did a cash grab, then ducked his mando because he had a pulse. What a waste of potential.
                  Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  They are worried about him losing. Although he lost to GGG, the fight and his performance made him a name. Getting demolished by Spence would kill his standing for major fights
                  Brook walks around weighing around weighing over 170lbs. He's been working his arse off to make 147 for years. He's 30 yo and fought at 160 in his last fight, when he came into the ring heavier than GGG, a career MW.

He wants to fight Spence and keep his world title, but his team know he's outgrown WW and it's time to move up to 154.

Did you really need me to explain that to you?
                  Last edited by kafkod; 01-17-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Brook walks around weighing around 170/180lbs. He's been working his arse off to make 147 for years. He's 30 yo and fought at 160 in his last fight, when he came into the ring heavier than GGG, a career MW.

He wants to fight Spence and keep his world title, but his team know he's outgrown WW and it's time to move up to 154.

Did you really need me to explain that to you?
                    Golovkin was scared to fight a middleweight so he cherry picked a welterweight. Now Kell knows Spence will put him to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                    X