No announcement yet.

Froch's resume craps all over Cotto's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
    Froch gave Ward that work down the stretch after he had tired 115-113 is a very good scorecard in my opinion. There wasn't any controversy in the Dirrell fight and you're cherrypicking when it comes to the Kessler fights. Every decent fighter that Cotto fought beat on him until he turned tail and ran. If he had half of Froch's heart then he too could have been great.
    Only the last 2 rounds were close.

Direll clearly won unless you count rabbit punchrs and hitting well well after the ref has called a break as scoring shots.

As for Kessler he was past his best when Ward easily roughed him up and beat him. He then went on to clearly beat Froch and immediately after beating Froch had eye surgery. How many years after that did Froch fight Kessler? Was it 3 or 4?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i've seen that fight a dozen times at this point. easily.

you need to turn off the british commentary and score rounds based on who was the more effective puncher. then give me a scorecard and tell me why you thought froch was winning enough rounds late in the fight to make you think he had a chance in hell of winning on teh cards.

in short, if you think that fight was close you have no business at all scoring a boxing match. none. you don't know what you're looking at.
      First off, I am American and black, I don't have any bias towards Froch. Secondly, I never said that Froch had a chance to win on the scorecards, fights can be competitive and still have a clear victor.

Comment

First off, I am American and black, I don't have any bias towards Froch. Secondly, I never said that Froch had a chance to win on the scorecards, fights can be competitive and still have a clear victor.

in your first post you called the fight "extremely close"

you're welcome to clarify what you meant, but as it stands i have zero confidence in your ability to score a boxing match based on your evaluation of the closeness of what was very lopsided boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
          Only the last 2 rounds were close.

Direll clearly won unless you count rabbit punchrs and hitting well well after the ref has called a break as scoring shots.

As for Kessler he was past his best when Ward easily roughed him up and beat him. He then went on to clearly beat Froch and immediately after beating Froch had eye surgery. How many years after that did Froch fight Kessler? Was it 3 or 4?
          How can you defend Ward's tactics against Kessler, but cast aspersions on Froch for his tactics against Dirrell? Biased, delusional or both. If you can use the internet successfully, then one would hope that you could count. Either way I'am not your grade school teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            in your first post you called the fight "extremely close"

you're welcome to clarify what you meant, but as it stands i have zero confidence in your ability to score a boxing match based on your evaluation of the closeness of what was very lopsided boxing match.
            115-113, is the score from both me and the judges > lopsided fight according to some randomly biased internet guy. ✌

Comment

How can you defend Ward's tactics against Kessler, but cast aspersions on Froch for his tactics against Dirrell? Biased, delusional or both. If you can use the internet successfully, then one would hope that you could count. Either way I'am not your grade school teacher.
              Bottom line is Froch got a disgraceful gift against a nobody in Dirrell and barely beat if that a shot Kessler.

Comment

Cotto got beaten up by the bigger names.

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
                  Bottom line is Froch got a disgraceful gift against a nobody in Dirrell and barely beat if that a shot Kessler.
                  In what reality is that the " bottom line" ? The bottom line is that on his resume there is a w in the column next to both of those fights. Everything that you said was your own concocted opinion.

Comment

It's gotta be close between these two.

Standout wins for Cotto:
                    Judah
                    Mosley
                    Martinez

Standout wins for Froch:
                    Taylor
                    Kessler
                    Pascal
                    Bute

Comment

In what reality is that the " bottom line" ? The bottom line is that on his resume there is a w in the column next to both of those fights. Everything that you said was your own concocted opinion.
                      Doesnt really mean much as Dirrwl is a nobody hasnt beaten any one. Kessler was Shot.

That win means as much as Hopkins W against Roy Jones lol

Comment

Working...
                      X