No announcement yet.

Three times Golovkin let himself be hit in the face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three times Golovkin let himself be hit in the face

... to take his opponents confidence away and give a good show.

Fortunately for him, morons and haters thought this was because of "bad defense" LMAO.

Anyone can see he's letting the guy hit him.

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    ... to take his opponents confidence away and give a good show.

Fortunately for him, morons and haters thought this was because of "bad defense" LMAO.

Anyone can see he's letting the guy hit him.

Haters just look for things to hold onto as flaws of a guy they hate.

Boxers allow themselves to get hit all the time.

Mayorga did it, Fury does it, and Golovkin did it for sure against Brook.

It's comical really.

I let dudes hit me all the time in sparring a bit, especially if they are inexperienced.

People who don't understand boxing don't understand that a boxer is in control of his own actions and he is thinking about what he is doing more often than not. Everything with the exception of the reaction of your body when you take a shot is done intentionally. Fans with no real knowledge of the sport don't understand this.

When I drop my lead hand, if I lean back, where I step, what I throw, my facial expression, all of that is predetermined and calculated. It's a chess game.

Comment

I agree with the first two, but I don't think he let Brook hit him on purpose. He also gave Curtis Stevens a couple of freebies.

Comment

it is most clear in the wade fight, not so much in the other two... maybe Monroe but i dont think that was the case in the brook fight.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          I agree with the first two, but I don't think he let Brook hit him on purpose. He also gave Curtis Stevens a couple of freebies.
          Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
          it is most clear in the wade fight, not so much in the other two... maybe Monroe but i dont think that was the case in the brook fight.
          I agree that a lot of punches he received from Brook were punches he couldn't defend against, he had some trouble with Brook's speed. But he also let Brook hit himself in other periods of the fight.

Comment

I honestly feel embarrassed. It saddens me when the people I like chatting about boxing with turn out to be so insecure and delusional that they pretend their favorite boxer is catching clean shots on purpose. No boxer is perfect. They ALL have flaws. Stuff like this is cringe-inducing.

Comment

This thread is comical ,if somebody would let my hit , my confidence would rise, and i would start building momentum.sometimes boxers are just in bad position to defend even simple punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I honestly feel embarrassed. It saddens me when the people I like chatting about boxing with turn out to be so insecure and delusional that they pretend their favorite boxer is catching clean shots on purpose. No boxer is perfect. They ALL have flaws. Stuff like this is cringe-inducing.
                LMAO can't you see he's standing still and looking at them like "is that all you have? bring some more"? do you really think his defense is so bad?
                I never said he was flawless... quote that part please!

Watch this hater:

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Redd, you're wrong. This is Gennady's best performance getting hit for the fun of it!

Comment

all golovkin cares about is delivering a big drama show for the fans. if that means he gets punched in the face more than he needs to, hes happy with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X