Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG/Brook turns out to be competitive, what will you say?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    You know it's a shite fight when a fighters fans have got to hype up the opponents chances.
    They still have to hype Rosado because Golovkin's resume is such a joke.

Comment

At the end of the day Kell Brook is a world class fighter that struggles to make 147. There's no reason why he can't be competitive although i don't think he will win.

GGG is really in a no win situation in boxing terms in this fight anyway. If he wins then he just beat a smaller guy. If he loses, well people will say he was a hype job.

This is a forum full of fanboys and ******s though so don't expect anybody to look at it objectively and see that it's actually a good fight.

People just need to put all their hate and fanboyism aside sometimes and enjoy the event. Once upon a time a WW champion fighting a MW champion in a huge event would have been considered a good thing. Fans these days don't seem to want to enjoy boxing and just want to focus on the negative.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        At the end of the day Kell Brook is a world class fighter that struggles to make 147. There's no reason why he can't be competitive although i don't think he will win.

GGG is really in a no win situation in boxing terms in this fight anyway. If he wins then he just beat a smaller guy. If he loses, well people will say he was a hype job.

This is a forum full of fanboys and ******s though so don't expect anybody to look at it objectively and see that it's actually a good fight.

People just need to put all their hate and fanboyism aside sometimes and enjoy the event. Once upon a time a WW champion fighting a MW champion in a huge event would have been considered a good thing. Fans these days don't seem to want to enjoy boxing and just want to focus on the negative.
        When was the last time a welterweight champ went to 160 directly to fight the champ? You're every bit of a fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Nope, there are quite a few names in UK boxing who think Brook at least has a chance of an upset and some who are actually picking him to win.

I don't fancy his chances myself, but I would feel the same way about any MW going up against GGG.
          Froch and Hearn ? I'll take a whild stab and say Smith and Joshua too right ? Their both with Matchroom too aren't they, o I forgot Nelsen and McCrory too.

Comment

You know it's a shite fight when a fighters fans have got to hype up the opponents chances.
            You know the opponent ain't taking it serious when he says he will allow his opponent free shots, I've never heard much like it. In his previous breath it's ' this is my biggest fight'

Comment

Easiest way to spot a bad fight and this is a re-occurring theme with recent Golovkin fights.

You spot so many GGG fans constantly hyping him up, aren't you supposed to be telling us how GGG will viciously KO him instead. I see Kovalev fans saying he is going crush Ward, they aren't trying to play down his chances of winning atall.

Very cringeworthy stuff from some of these Golovkin fans.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                Easiest way to spot a bad fight and this is a re-occurring theme with recent Golovkin fights.

You spot so many GGG fans constantly hyping him up, aren't you supposed to be telling us how GGG will viciously KO him instead. I see Kovalev fans saying he is going crush Ward, they aren't trying to play down his chances of winning atall.

Very cringeworthy stuff from some of these Golovkin fans.
                I remember them hyping Wade as big and undefeated and Monroe as slick. It never stops.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                  When was the last time a welterweight champ went to 160 directly to fight the champ? You're every bit of a fanboy.
                  I like both fighters actually yes.

Anyway i'm not talking specifically about 147 and 160.

Pavlik jumped up 2 weights to fight Hopkins and plenty thought Pavlik would beat him and it was considered a great fight. Pacquiao went up two and beat De La Hoya (although he did drain him). There was nowhere near the negativity back then as there is now on forums like this.

My point was that once upon a time, fans just enjoyed boxing and two fighters who are champions fighting was seen as a good thing, even if they were different weight divisions. If the fighters are happy with the chosen weight and feel they're ok at the weight, then let them be the ones that worry about it and just enjoy it for what it is.

I'm giving Brook very little chance to win. I don't see how he wins but if he feels good at the weight than that's alright with me. I'd rather watch a world class fighter like Brook in there rather than another Domonic Wade who has even less chance than Brook. I'd much prefer Golovkin moves up though if he can't get the fights at MW. I'm a fan of his but if he's prepared to let Brook come up two divisions, then GGG should be willing to do it himself.

But this fight is happening so i'm going to enjoy it rather than pick it apart because i watch boxing to be entertained, not to be negative.
                  Last edited by deathofaclown; 09-07-2016, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    I like both fighters actually yes.

Anyway i'm not talking specifically about 147 and 160.

Pavlik jumped up 2 weights to fight Hopkins and plenty thought Pavlik would beat him and it was considered a great fight. Pacquiao went up two and beat De La Hoya (although he did drain him). There was nowhere near the negativity back then as there is now on forums like this.

My point was that once upon a time, fans just enjoyed boxing and two fighters who are champions fighting was seen as a good thing, even if they were different weight divisions. If the fighters are happy with the chosen weight and feel they're ok at the weight, then let them be the ones that worry about it and just enjoy it for what it is.
                    Pavlik-Hopkins was a CW, Hopkins was viewed as past it. DLH moved down to fight Pacquiao and got slaughtered when the fight was signed for picking on a smaller man, which i believe is why he made the stupid decision to come in to the fight weighing less than Pacquiao.

Both those fights the smaller man was viewed as the better fighter P4P at the time also. Brook isn't.
                    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 09-07-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Pavlik-Hopkins was a CW, Hopkins was viewed as past it. DLH moved down to fight Pacquiao and got slaughtered when the fight was signed.
                      It was at 170. Still technically within the LHW division, so thats 2 divisions and just 3lbs less difference than this fight.

Yes De La Hoya moved down, as i said he had been drained but Pacquiao moved up 2 from 135. So technically they were 3 divisions apart before they fought.

Kind of proves my point really, thanks. This is 2 guys supposedly at their peaks fighting, which is better than those 2 fights then if Hopkins was supposedly old and De La Hoya was going to be drained. So why all the negativity surrounding this fight? it's much better than those fights on paper at the time of signing the fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X