No announcement yet.

The worst cash grab fights in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst cash grab fights in history

Ok, what are some of the worst cash grab fights ever... Fights that have little meaning except they can generate some cash

Examples

Duran-leonard 3
    Roy-hopkins 2
    Roy-tito
    Barrera-khan
    Vargas-Mayorga

mayweather-ortiz

mayweather-guerrero

mayweather-dlh

mayweather-marquez

mayweather-pacquaio (by the time it got made)

Comment

Leonard hagler
      Holmes ali

Comment

Ali-berbick

Comment

Interesting topic. I think Duran was in a few including fights with Camacho and Pazienza.

Comment

Mayweather vs Anyone

I don't think I have ever been excited by a Mayweather fight. Alright, maybe the first Maidana fight?

Comment

Originally posted by RealLifeMovie View Post
              mayweather-ortiz

mayweather-guerrero

mayweather-dlh

mayweather-marquez

mayweather-pacquaio (by the time it got made)
              Oh for gods sake, grow up. This is pathetically childish and doesn't belong here. Come back once you're out of high school or piss off back to NSB where you can mock everything like a fool.

The later Duran fights were all cash grabs. Even the New Orleans Leonard fight was a bit of a cash grab for him and his managers. They got the huge lions share to get it done quickly and jumped at it. First fight, money was in Leonards favour by a lot, which angered Duran, but the second fight was in his favour by a lot.

Jones/Hopkins II was a pretty terrible recent one.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrygerardo400 View Post
                I don't think I have ever been excited by a Mayweather fight. Alright, maybe the first Maidana fight?
                As great a contribution as this clearly is, you're in the wrong thread buddy. Read the title first.

Comment

I really don't consider leonard-hagler a cash grab...

Sure they made a fortune, but it was a legacy defining fight for the mw title... Leonard's atg status wouldn't be as high as it is if he had gotten beaten down...

A fight like tito-roy, literally did nothing for either guys legacy, it just made them some money

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Interesting topic. I think Duran was in a few including fights with Camacho and Pazienza.
                    Yeah duran is basically the king of the cash grab...

I remember watching the first Vinny paz fight and was amazed that duran at nearly 50, was giving paz hell...

Comment

Working...
                    X