Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Ward isn't a PPV fighter doe!

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
      If he fights GGG, it will send Froch directly into retirement. Chavez Jr. was a safe fight and an easy win, Ward would be a safe fight as well because while Froch would probably lose, he would not get beaten up. Fighting GGG would be a very painful experience and a career ending one for Froch. There would be no coming back from that one.
      [IMG]http://ist1-1.filesor.com/***********.com/2/2/4/3/22438/2/h/F/O/2hFOU/1407023900102.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Froch is ready to retire and sees Golovkin as low reward high risk at this stage of his career. I think that is a fair enough stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Froch is ready to retire and sees Golovkin as low reward high risk at this stage of his career. I think that is a fair enough stance.
          I have no problem with Froch not fighting GGG but he should really STFU when he starts talking about how he would beat Golovkin up. He just makes himself look foolish, especially after things he has said in the past.

Comment

He will retire because i don't see any other fight around his weight class that is going to bring in the revenue he's looking for.

As much of a legend as Hopkins is as a fighter and as highly regarded as Ward is, if the fight is in the UK i don't see it being any bigger than a Golovkin fight would be. Even in USA i would think a Froch fight is only going to appeal to people who really follow the sport anyway so they would probably prefer him to fight Golovkin.

I suppose he could live his dream and fight Hopkins in USA, that will still make him decent money and he gets to fight a guy who isn't going to be that dangerous, just experienced.

He knows Golovkin still poses some threat of sending him into retirement knocked out. He hinted it's basically high risk-low reward. He knows there's a big chance he loses but also if he wins, people will find an excuse about Golovkin being too small etc...

So i understand his stance on things. He doesn't owe the fans anything anymore, he gave it everything and now he can do what works for him.

Comment

Are those quotes from The Onion?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                But Ward isn't a PPV fighter doe!

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                [IMG]http://ist1-1.filesor.com/***********.com/2/2/4/3/22438/2/h/F/O/2hFOU/1407023900102.gif[/IMG]
                Do you realize how pathetic you are, Mr Espin0za?

You don't give a **** about Ward or Froch.

You defending them is really nothing but deflecting the real issue : Miguel Cotto, the lineal MW Champion of the world, doesn't want to to fight and unify against another MW belt holder, Gennady Golovkin.

Meanwhile, your beloved Miguelito is fighting Golovkin's leftovers at a catchweight

Comment

Froch wants no part of a rematch against Andre Ward and he does not want Golovkin either. He knows he cannot beat them. Why face elite fighters when you can rematch the likes of Kessler and Groves and get praised for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    Do you realize how pathetic you are, Mr Espin0za?

You don't give a **** about Ward or Froch.

You defending them is really nothing but deflecting the real issue : Miguel Cotto, the lineal MW Champion of the world, doesn't want to to fight and unify against another MW belt holder, Gennady Golovkin.

Meanwhile, your beloved Miguelito is fighting Golovkin's leftovers at a catchweight
                    Cotto suffers from the same phobia as Froch... fear of the letter G. When it is combined three times as in GGG, it sends both Cotto and Froch into a delusional state of mind where reality ceases to exist. It is kind of like saying Beetlejuice three times in a row. They are in a state of fear so deep that the crap that comes out of their mouths is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      agreed.

but Froch could just say that and not look as bad as he does when he makes these ridiculous comments.

Comment

Working...
                      X