Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What GGG gains if Cotto Vacates his WBC Title? Other Champs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason we are pushing and pressuring Cotto so hard and more than Soliman/Quillin is because he USED HIS STARDOM to get a shot at the 160 LINEAGE.

Now he doesn't want to defend it against the consensus #1 160 pounder and you actually defend this? Wake up my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Why do you think I'm not pushing for unification with others? I JUST said Quillin is making excuses. And Soliman already said hes ready for the showdown. Cotto (or his camp) are the one's saying "We have other options, we want GGG but lower than 160"

If you want to talk about the Ward situation we can, but we both know its not happening anytime soon unless either man can show they can carry a PPV. (Ward is a bigger draw, but cant carry the PPV alone because neither man has the superstar effect)
      I can agree with that certainly, but Cotto have other bigger money fights indeed, makes no sense fighting GGG right now. After Nelo if he cant get Floyd then I think GGG is more viable.

Comment

The only reason we are pushing and pressuring Cotto so hard and more than Soliman/Quillin is because he USED HIS STARDOM to get a shot at the 160 LINEAGE.

Now he doesn't want to defend it against the consensus #1 160 pounder and you actually defend this? Wake up my friend.
        Cotto is not a MW and you know it, Just like Roy Jones wasn't a HW or Pacquiao a JMW. Wake up!

And thats what I said even if Cotto leaves the division he cant stop being the lineal champ, so for GGGs sake he wants Cotto to stay in the division. It sucks but thats what is happening. And it would take more than 1 year of Cotto being out of the division in order for his lineage be revoked. I think is like 2 years or something!
        Last edited by ChampBox@PR; 08-02-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
          I can agree with that certainly, but Cotto have other bigger money fights indeed, makes no sense fighting GGG right now. After Nelo if he cant get Floyd then I think GGG is more viable.
          This is the exact post I wanted you to make, and these are the type of posts that continue to make GGG-tards hate on Cotto and his fans so harshly.

With the way GGG's career is going his fans DO NOT give a **** about the money. We want him to fight the champions and become an undisputed champion(whens the last time we had that?).

I don't care who he fights, let Cotto vacate because GGG said his priority is to unify the division. The only man in contemporary boxing to be undisputed with a 90% KO ratio is sure to gain attention regardless who he fights.

Comment

This is the exact post I wanted you to make, and these are the type of posts that continue to make GGG-tards hate on Cotto and his fans so harshly.

With the way GGG's career is going his fans DO NOT give a **** about the money. We want him to fight the champions and become an undisputed champion(whens the last time we had that?).

I don't care who he fights, let Cotto vacate because GGG said his priority is to unify the division. The only man in contemporary boxing to be undisputed with a 90% KO ratio is sure to gain attention regardless who he fights.
            WTF are you spewing ? Its the same thing as GGG not fighting Ward insights of fighting Cotto? Talking about nonsense.

I don't give a shit about the money either, I don't make a dime out of it. I'm just stating the facts of what is happening.

Comment

Again if Corro(Cotto) vacates Murray and Rubio will fight for the belt, how that amounts to GGG fighting for it?
              Its not about Cotto vacating his wbc belt. That doesnt matter. Its about vacating his lineal championship by announcing his permanent return to 154. Rubio doesnt get the lineal championship by getting the wbc belt.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-02-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Its not about Cotto vacating his wbc belt. That doesnt matter. Its about vacating his lineal championship by announcing his permanent return to 154.
                He cant vacate being the lineal champion unless he goes back in time and loses to sergio.

Comment

You mean Cotto will pull off another retirement or belt walk off, like Floyd did a few years ago because Floyd did not to lose to a fast rising previously unbeaten star in Cotto? Yes GGG has an impressive KO record currently, but he is careless and could possibly lose his "0" in the same way like little guy Vic Darchinyan. Do you remember how Geale was able to hit GGG in the face?

Of course GGG wants to to gain popularity by fighting the big names, but big names have big challenges. GGG needs to "be careful what you wish for". Miguel is no push over.

Comment

WTF are you spewing ? Its the same thing as GGG not fighting Ward insights of fighting Cotto? Talking about nonsense.

I don't give a shit about the money either, I don't make a dime out of it. I'm just stating the facts of what is happening.
                    The suits said GGG-Ward is impossible because of the money both fighters would want for the fight. And the fighters purses would only be possible through successful PPV, which neither man can sell. I live in San Francisco (where Ward is born) and some people don't even know his name still.

I just want Cotto decide soon if hes going to continue to defend his 160 championship. I get that he's not a real MW and its more lucrative/fair to fight Canelo or something but boxing is about legacy (at least for me). Henry Armstrong wasn't a real welterweight but defend that title 19 times! Armstrong started at FW moved to Welter (21 pound difference) Cotto started 140 went to 160 (20 pound difference)

Comment

He cant vacate being the lineal champion unless he goes back in time and loses to sergio.
                      If you want to quibble about the semantics, then just simply call it THE middleweight championship. Cotto has that. Its vacted if he announces hes never fighting at 160 again.

Comment

Working...
                      X