Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What GGG gains if Cotto Vacates his WBC Title? Other Champs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What GGG gains if Cotto Vacates his WBC Title? Other Champs?

So I read people saying that Cotto should vacate if he is not going to fight GGG next. What will GGG gain from this? I mean if Cotto vacates his WBC title, Martin Murray and Marco Rubio are going to fight for it and the only good name in the division(Cotto) would be gone.

Second its seems to me that people just want GGG to fight Cotto because of the hype and their own grievance and not because they really want to see who is the true MW champ. I mean what if Cotto choses Quillin or Soliman? There resumes are on par or better than GGG's, why are people not pushing for those fights?

*Cotto have Floyd and Canelo on his sights, so please don't be a ignorass and say he needs to face GGG before those 2, because that's ******ed. Specially since GGGs draw power just dropped.
    And the catch weights I don't agree with, but GGG did said he would fight anybody from 154 to 168 so any weight between those lines should be good!

**And yes I agree that GGG might do a Margarito on Cotto before the fanboys start their rant!

He can say something funny like "you know Cotto.. he is.. he is little girl. Riddick Bowe little girl"

Comment

WBC put Rubio vs Murray for that belt both of those guys will turndown GGG, GGG only hope for unification is IBF & Matt Korobov beating Kid Chocolate...

GGG should forget about the WBC belt

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        He can say something funny like "you know Cotto.. he is.. he is little girl. Riddick Bowe little girl"
        lmao, that's about it. And back to fighting nobodies with 700K viewers on free HBO lol

I think GGG, Soliman and Quillin have/deserve the same chance if Cotto stays at MW.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
          WBC put Rubio vs Murray for that belt both of those guys will turndown GGG
          Exactly, so if Cotto keeps the belts and stays at 160 and GGG keeps winning the pressure will be on Cotto to fight him, because of Cotto's stardom. Rubio or Murray can duck him and get away with because they are unknows!

So even if he doesnt fight GGG next(wich he wont) its better for GGG, if Cotto stays at 160, because he is the only big name around!

Comment

Listen if you dont want to see Cotto get hurt badly, just say it. You don't need to make up some financial reason or some other BS to try to avoid saying that Cotto would in fact be badly hurt if he got punched by GGG at 160.

Your boy Cotto even diva'd his way into fighting Martinez at 159. Roach doesn't even want GGG at 160 either

Its okay dude.

Comment

This guy is literally saying

"Haha Cotto can do this and give GGG no star power hahaha"

Comment

Listen if you dont want to see Cotto get hurt badly, just say it. You don't need to make up some financial reason or some other BS to try to avoid saying that Cotto would in fact be badly hurt if he got punched by GGG at 160.

Your boy Cotto even diva'd his way into fighting Martinez at 159. Roach doesn't even want GGG at 160 either

Its okay dude.
                This guy is literally saying

"Haha Cotto can do this and give GGG no star power hahaha"
                Neither addressed the OP questions! Again you and the rest of GGG fans don't want him to really fight the biggest challenge, you guys just want him, to hit stardom. And if Cotto leaves the division he is screwed.

And I already addressed and agreed that GGG will beat him.

Comment

We need him to hit stardom because fighters like Quillin have made excuses in the past "oh theres no money there."

He needs the stardom. They just said Ward-GGG makes no financial sense, if he fights Cotto in MSG that would highly increase his popularity. Also the goal here isn't to destroy Cotto its to UNIFY THE MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION.

The MW division doesn't revolve around Cotto and somehow you think it does(atleast in this thread), me personally as a GGG fan wants to see an undisputed MW champion. Yeah it would be AWESOME to see Cotto brutalized but at the same time I don't even want to see it just because I know they will show Cotto's family crying and running out the arena.

Comment

What GGG gains IF Cotto decided to vacate? He has the pleasure of avoiding his toughest fight to date, by far. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Working...
                    X