Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Marcos Maidana "murder" a prime Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricky Hatton in his prime never particularly struggled with punchers, he struggled with quick handed fighters with pop as they could hit him with shots he couldn't see. He fought most of the fight on the inside and got there quick. I see this happening against Maidana, who can't really fight on the inside. Unless Maidana hits a jackpot, which is very unlikely with a prime Hatton, as he was more careful with punchers, Hatton wins pretty handily on points for me. Hatton sets a crazy pace, and doesn't let you rest, Maidana takes rests in all his fights, so this fight isn't good for him.

Hatton will use variety jabs on the way in, and tie Maidana up, and work him over, occasionally taking fire on the way in, and some body shots on the inside, but generally Hatton controlling the action.

Comment

I think Maidana gets Hatton. Maidana is slightly bigger than ricky has longer reach and doesnt play around. He can get as dirty as hatton. I favor Maidanas offense over Hatton.

Comment

Ricky Hatton

Comment

Hatton wins by late TKO, body shot

He was a beast

Maidana is to slow and plodding, Hatton would be all over him like a rash, hitting him from all angles

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
            I think Maidana gets Hatton. Maidana is slightly bigger than ricky has longer reach and doesnt play around. He can get as dirty as hatton. I favor Maidanas offense over Hatton.
            Maidana couldn't deal with Alexander's hit and hold but all of a sudden he'll deal with Hatton's? Keep in mind Hatton knows how to hit and hold in close, where as Alexander doesn't fight in close.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Hatton's conditioning and body punching would have broken Maidana.
              Hatton wins. His Body work and pressure was P4P

Comment

Maidana can't take body shots, can't clinch, doesnt know how to work in a clinch, and and cant fight backing up.

I don't rate Hatton much but he'd have been too much for Maidana

Comment

I voted yes, Maidana murders Hatton.

Comment

It's a 60/40 fight for maidana I think

Comment

Hatton by KO, just because China Maidana fights Mayweather people are hyping him up.

Comment

Working...
                      X