Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Kevin Johnson be yet another victim of a early stoppage against Dereck Chisora?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    With Johnsons somehow ever decreasing inactivity there is a strong possibility another premature stoppage is on the cards. He is becoming less & less mobile too. I vote yes safety pin gets stopped controversially.
    I thought you stopped posting? Attention whore much?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
      There are many examples, such as Froch-Groves and MacKenzie-Maccarinelli.
      As I said, they're frequently awful. But it seems a shame that a guy who was prepared to take a 12 round caning off Vitali and used his face as a defence against Haye's punches should take the blame for bad refs.

Comment

I just don't understand that stoppage. It's called a 10-count for a reason, if it was supposed to be stopped at 9 it would be called a 9-count.

I also think Tyson was unfairly counted out against Douglas. If the fighter stands up at 9 or 10 and follows the ref instructions (walk forward, gloves up, doesn't wobble, etc.) then why not allow them to continue the fight!??

If it takes them 11 or 12 seconds to get up, obviously they lose. But 10 or 9 seconds? It's not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
          He was up at 8.5 and not hurt at all. It was a terrible stoppage.
          The referee clearly says 9 before he's even started to get up

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
            I just don't understand that stoppage. It's called a 10-count for a reason, if it was supposed to be stopped at 9 it would be called a 9-count.
            In the rules, it's called being "counted out in the act of rising". It was explained by the BBBofC when they rejected Scott's appeal. In the UK, the count goes "7, 8, 9 , OUT".

Scott's knee was still on the canvas at 9.

Comment

Chisora will gas,Johnson will beat this bum on points.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                In the rules, it's called being "counted out in the act of rising". It was explained by the BBBofC when they rejected Scott's appeal. In the UK, the count goes "7, 8, 9 , OUT".

Scott's knee was still on the canvas at 9.
                He was completely up at 9. Watch the video in the OP, look at 2:28 (the commentator counts in English).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                  He was completely up at 9. Watch the video at 2:30.
                  My recollection was that he was up at 7 or 8... but if you watch the fingers and words of the ref closely, Scott doesn't start to rise until "9"... and he's on the canvas for ten (check the timer).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWBA_S07Ue4

I thought it was a bad stoppage and it's not GREAT, but the ref's at "ten" when Scott is standing.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post

I also think Tyson was unfairly counted out against Douglas. If the fighter stands up at 9 or 10 and follows the ref instructions (walk forward, gloves up, doesn't wobble, etc.) then why not allow them to continue the fight!??

If it takes them 11 or 12 seconds to get up, obviously they lose. But 10 or 9 seconds? It's not right.
                    Remember they gave Douglas a looong count in that fight.

Comment

Also, why did the ref start counting at 4?

Comment

Working...
                      X