Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know Any Good Rap/Hip-Hop Documentaries?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know Any Good Rap/Hip-Hop Documentaries?

I've seen the Beef series, it was ok but packed a lot in and seemed to skim over the surface rather than delve in deeper. I also seen 'Welcome To Death Row' I liked this one. I also just watched an ESPN 30 for 30 film called Straight Outta LA, presented by Ice Cube lookin at the connection of NWA and the Oakland/LA Raiders. It was quite good. I've seen Biggie and Tupac which was pretty good and a couple of other Tupac ones called Thug Angel and another one I forget the name of.

Any other good ones you guys know about?

Oh yeah just thought I'd throw this in any documentaries on gangs like Crips/bloods etc... would be good aswell.

Comment

You watched the old school one's? Wild Style, Style Wars are two good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        You watched the old school one's? Wild Style, Style Wars are two good ones.
        Never seen them, I'll check them out. Keep em comin...

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
          Never seen them, I'll check them out. Keep em comin...
          You should so your generation can learn where Hip Hop came from.

Comment

You watched the old school one's? WildStyle, Style Wars are two good ones.
            This is a great video ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              This is a great video ^^^
              I love Style Wars too, watched it last week. The characters on there are priceless. Your people are in full effect there, have to give it up to Puerto Ricans, they were in the mix during the birth of hip hop.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
                I've seen the Beef series, it was ok but packed a lot in and seemed to skim over the surface rather than delve in deeper. I also seen 'Welcome To Death Row' I liked this one. I also just watched an ESPN 30 for 30 film called Straight Outta LA, presented by Ice Cube lookin at the connection of NWA and the Oakland/LA Raiders. It was quite good. I've seen Biggie and Tupac which was pretty good and a couple of other Tupac ones called Thug Angel and another one I forget the name of.

Any other good ones you guys know about?
                I believe I mentioned this documentary to you before on the movie Paid in Full...

Comment

I love Style Wars too, watched it last week. The characters on there are priceless. Your people are in full effect there, have to give it up to Puerto Ricans, they were in the mix during the birth of hip hop.
                  I use to do graffiti back in the high school days and me and my crew DOA & JVC use to watch this and The Warriors before going bombing lol!

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    I use to do graffiti back in the high school days and me and my crew DOA & JVC use to watch this and The Warriors before going bombing lol!
                    I used to write as well, my tag was GRIM.

Comment

Working...
                    X