Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Pac fighting Bradley at his strongest/most proven weight (140)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't Pac fighting Bradley at his strongest/most proven weight (140)?

I hear Pac can barely make 147 because he's so small, so why doesn't he fight Bradley at 140, which would be both fighters strongest weight?

It just seems like Pac is trying to put Bradley at a disadvantage before they even step in the ring. I've heard other posters say that Pac tries to do this, but I've never really gave it much attention.

But when it comes to Bradley, I just don't see why Pac feels the need to bring him up in weight when that would obviously put Bradley at a disadvantage before they even enter the ring.

Bradley has had 1 fight at 147 against Abregu, which ended up being at UD. Nothing to scream and shout about.

I understand this is a fight and the whole object is to beat your opponent, but I don't think Pac has to win this way. IMO, he can beat Bradley at 140, but why try to beat him this way before the fight even starts. It's just not necessary.

because it's pac's call....not bradley's....

excuses already?...lol

Comment

also, bradley claims he no longer feel comfortable making 140....so unless you know him better than himself, your pre fight exuses are not valid....

Comment

Cuz Bradley easily beats pac at 140 but loses at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by punchville View Post
          because it's pac's call....not bradley's....

excuses already?...lol
          Sure, it's Pac's call. Since it's Pac's call, I just feel like he should be fighting Bradley at his most comfortable weight.

Mayweather's fighting Cotto at his most comfortable weight.

It just seems like everyone fights at their most comfortable weight except when they fight Pacquiao.

Originally posted by punchville View Post
          also, bradley claims he no longer feel comfortable making 140....so unless you know him better than himself, your pre fight exuses are not valid....
          Please. Let's not make this seem like Pac's all of of a sudden doing Bradley a favor. If Pac wanted to fight Bradley at 140, Bradley would do it. If Pac wants to fight Bradley at 154, Bradley would do it. If Pac said jump, Bradley would say how high. It's just the way it is.

I just feel like Pac is P4P one of the best fighter's in the world, there's no reason to continue making people fight at their worse weight. He doesn't have to do that. He can beat Bradley the old fashion way, straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            It just seems like everyone fights at their most comfortable weight except when they fight Pacquiao.
            Ricky Hatton?

Please. Let's not make this seem like Pac's all of of a sudden doing Bradley a favor. If Pac wanted to fight Bradley at 140, Bradley would do it. If Pac wants to fight Bradley at 154, Bradley would do it. If Pac said jump, Bradley would say how high. It's just the way it is.

I just feel like Pac is P4P one of the best fighter's in the world, there's no reason to continue making people fight at their worse weight. He doesn't have to do that. He can beat Bradley the old fashion way, straight up.
            I agree with this.

Comment

I hear Pac can barely make 147 because he's so small, so why doesn't he fight Bradley at 140, which would be both fighters strongest weight?

It just seems like Pac is trying to put Bradley at a disadvantage before they even step in the ring. I've heard other posters say that Pac tries to do this, but I've never really gave it much attention.

But when it comes to Bradley, I just don't see why Pac feels the need to bring him up in weight when that would obviously put Bradley at a disadvantage before they even enter the ring.

Bradley has had 1 fight at 147 against Abregu, which ended up being at UD. Nothing to scream and shout about.

I understand this is a fight and the whole object is to beat your opponent, but I don't think Pac has to win this way. IMO, he can beat Bradley at 140, but why try to beat him this way before the fight even starts. It's just not necessary.
              Bradley dominated Abregu,a good undefeated fighter,which is more then Hatton can say when he got a shot at Mayweather..Bradley maybe did not KO his opponent but beat him and I don't even think Abregu won a rd..That's enough for me..

Comment

Mayweather's fighting Cotto at his most comfortable weight.

Did you complain when Mayweather fought Hatton at 147? How bout when he fought Marquez at "144"?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Ricky Hatton?

I agree with this.
                  Bradley looked better at his 147lb debut then Hatton did...

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    Did you complain when Mayweather fought Hatton at 147? How bout when he fought Marquez at "144"?
                    LOL this flew totally over your head right?

This whole thread is to troll those guys who discredit Floyd's win over Hatton by crying about not fighting him at JWW.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Working...
                    X