No announcement yet.

Official Erik Morales Apology Thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Erik Morales Apology Thread.

Pretty much none of us expected Erik Morales to last 6 rounds with Maidanna at this stage of his career.

Many experts, historians and great posters on this site wouldn't have been suprised if he didn't make it out of Round 1.

We all dismissed an ATG living Legend like Erik Morales, showing an utter lack of respect for one of the greatest fighters of the modern era.

I'll be the first to say it;

Erik, I am sorry. I am sorry I doubted you.

IMO apology is not necessary (tho I'm quite guilty too) so i apologize just the same.

We just can't measure a boxer's heart, and that's what Morales showed that fight with Maidana. We always tend to look at the trend of a boxer in his last fights and judge from there, which will always be innacurate.
    Last edited by Tamis!; 04-11-2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

It was more than heart, Morales OUTCLASSED Maidana. He showed that even at his age and mileage, he is still better than him.

Comment

I deeply, deeply apologize to El Terrible. I didn't see that coming at all.

Comment

I'm going to go a step further and beg for forgiveness. Please, Terrible, please, forgive me for ever doubting you.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Pretty much none of us expected Erik Morales to last 6 rounds with Maidanna at this stage of his career.

Many experts, historians and great posters on this site wouldn't have been suprised if he didn't make it out of Round 1.

We all dismissed an ATG living Legend like Erik Morales, showing an utter lack of respect for one of the greatest fighters of the modern era.

I'll be the first to say it;

Erik, I am sorry. I am sorry I doubted you.
            Shows how easy it is to get carried away and overate certain fighters even when they lose like Maidana did against Khan.
            So for pac to beat Morales by stopping him the way he did all those years back when Morales was in his prime (and dont let anyone tell you he wasnt) shows Pac is the greatest boxer who ever lived and somone who certainly cannot be classed as overated. If he isnt the greatest ever then he is being underated.
            Morales isnt the type of boxer who gets stopped and Pac did it, like Pac does it to all boxers unless they have iron chins or run.
            Last edited by hugh grant; 04-11-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
              IMO apology is not necessary (tho I'm quite guilty too) so i apologize just the same.

We just can't measure a boxer's heart, and that's what Morales showed that fight with Maidana. We always tend to look at the trend of a boxer in his last fights and judge from there, which will always be innacurate.
              I really think it is necessary. I really do.

Yeah, we know Erik is done, has been for years. In a weight class were frankly he looks terrible physically. We know Maidanna is a young, fresh beast. And we all understand why Maidanna was the heavy heavy favourite.

But, no one gave him a shot, at all. Many of us expected him to get KO'd in the first round, or atleast didn't rule it out. More people expecte Amir Khan to last the distance than Erik Morales! Can you believe that? That is unacceptable in my book.

Morales told us time and time and time again, "I am better than this man, I CAN beat him" And we all just dismissed, almost all of us.

He deserves an apology, in my book. From all the people who doubted him when he assured us we were wrong.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I really think it is necessary. I really do.

Yeah, we know Erik is done, has been for years. In a weight class were frankly he looks terrible physically. We know Maidanna is a young, fresh beast. And we all understand why Maidanna was the heavy heavy favourite.

But, no one gave him a shot, at all. Many of us expected him to get KO'd in the first round, or atleast didn't rule it out. More people expecte Amir Khan to last the distance than Erik Morales! Can you believe that? That is unacceptable in my book.

Morales told us time and time and time again, "I am better than this man, I CAN beat him" And we all just dismissed, almost all of us.

He deserves an apology, in my book. From all the people who doubted him when he assured us we were wrong.
                  Fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Shows how easy it is to get carried away and overate certain fighters even when they lose like Maidana did against Khan.
                    So for pac to beat Morales by stopping him the way he did all those years back when Morales was in his prime (and dont let anyone tell you he wasnt) shows Pac is the greatest boxer who ever lived and somone who certainly cannot be classed as overated. If he isnt the greatest ever then he is being underated.
                    Morales isnt the type of boxer who gets stopped and Pac did it, like Pac does it to all boxers unless they have iron chins or run.
                    Get out. Just get the **** out this thread.

I'm not even going to address any of your points because they are so ****ing dense.

This thread has nothing to do with Manny Pacqiauo, or any other fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X