This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Chelsea were 2nd when the Fat Spanish Waiter got sacked.

Sacking RDM was incorrect. Chelsea were playing well but just flopped in the CL.
    Di Matteo was out of his depth at Chelsea shouldn't have got the job based of few games performances in cup competition, I remember that Clattenburg game v United where he lost his **** at Alex Ferguson and played the same XI two days later in league cup revenge game
    I don't think he won another game in the league after that and lost to Shakhtar and Juventus in champions league

Maybe he was a chelsea legend but even Conte and Guardiola managed at lower division and were very successful before taking over at Juve and Barcelona

Would have been better for Roberto career to take a job else where and worked his way up now he is not even being mentioned or linked to any top leagues

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
      Really?? if you dont know why.. your either not a Chelsea fan or u started watching football recently..

He was ****ing hated by chelsea fans before he joined.. made plenty of ****ty comments about them.. when at Liverpool.. even slagged them off when he was actually managing Chelsea

Didnt back Ivan enough when suarez took a bite out of him..

Horrible performances

Took over from a Chelsea legend who had just won the CL.. Rafa was only going to be a stop gap for a season or so.. the guy was ****ing interim manager and wasn't even sacked.. he just moved to napoli with his stock raised somehow..

So idk what your on about

Two posts above yours

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post

It was undoubtedly viewed as a ****e season for Chelsea and they actually played good football and had a decent record
      Last edited by Phenom; 05-25-2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• I think Di Matteo's face probably fit at that time.

He was turfed because Chelsea have always gone for the best available manager since Roman arrived which at that time was the Fat Spaniard. And Roman just couldn't believe he spent £50 million on a busted flush and was willing to try anything to get blondie to score.

It is a shame Benitez was at Chelsea though.

Tbh Torres cost Chelsea a title challenge the whole time he was there. Worst sign ever.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-25-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• I don't like Rafa personality he really has no reason to be as arrogant as he is but tbf he did a decent job at Chelsea
          1st thing he did was he moved Ivanovic from right back and gave azpilicueta who couldn't get a minute the RB position
          He also played Romeu almost every match before he got injured and moved Luiz to DM

I think Chelsea had the best record in the league under Rafa Benitez iirc

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I think Di Matteo's face probably fit at that time.

He was turfed because Chelsea have always gone for the best available manager since Roman arrived which at that time was the Fat Spaniard. And Roman just couldn't believe he spent £50 million on a busted flush and was willing to try anything to get blondie to score.

It is a shame Benitez was at Chelsea though.

Tbh Torres cost Chelsea a title challenge the whole time he was there. Worst sign ever.
            I think at the time Chelsea wanted Pep Guardiola he was offered the biggest contract in the world and by the time he decided to go to Bayern instead of Chelsea it was too late to lure in another top manager

A better manager would have challenged for the title with Torres that season Chelsea problem weren't scoring they were conceding alot under RDM and a better manager like Conte would have won the league in Mourinho return season don't buy into the little horse crap

Mourinho inherited a beast of a team in his return

Comment

• RDM played Bielsa-esque attacking football really. The main thing was they were indirect (wouldn't play the ball in-behind defenders) in the final 3rd and couldn't keep opponents from scoring because both fullbacks were in the opponent's box leaving JT and Luiz(who played as if he was being controlled by a 12 year old playing FIFA)

RDM is a class act. I could never dislike him, nor wanted to see him go. He was asked if he had one wish for anything what would it be? He replied giving his sister the ability to see again. I can't have nothing but love for RDM but to be fair, he was lackluster at Schalke. Which at that point, if he couldn't make it at that stature of club, he won't be managing any club higher than mid table clubs anymore.

Benitez though, he is/was very pragmatic with Chelsea. The results were in our favor but it was stale and ugly. Couple that with the toxicity in Stamford Bridge at the time because of him, Benitez was never going to stay ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                The problem with the Ajax of now is that they are just a feeding club, who unfortunately will not match their exploits of the 70s and even their Champion League success in the 90s.

The group of youngsters could be quite formidable if they play and stick together for a few years, but their best players will just get snatched, and they have to start their recruitments through the youths again...rinse and repeat.
                Very true, with this current squad they made it to EL final, that says a lot. Imagine if this current squad sticks together for 4-5 years, they can scare the big teams in the CL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Underboss View Post
                  Very true, with this current squad they made it to EL final, that says a lot. Imagine if this current squad sticks together for 4-5 years, they can scare the big teams in the CL.
                  I didn't think their attackers were all that on the night but it might have been the physical mismatch between them and the United defensive players. Valencia rag-dolled people all night

But it is impressive what they are doing to compete at that level. It would be like Celtic getting that far. It would never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    I think at the time Chelsea wanted Pep Guardiola he was offered the biggest contract in the world and by the time he decided to go to Bayern instead of Chelsea it was too late to lure in another top manager

A better manager would have challenged for the title with Torres that season Chelsea problem weren't scoring they were conceding alot under RDM and a better manager like Conte would have won the league in Mourinho return season don't buy into the little horse crap

Mourinho inherited a beast of a team in his return
                    1 league win in 7-8 seasons = beast of a team?

Oh and that win was back in 2009-10.. Mourhino won it in 2014-2015..

Chelsea had been pathetic until Mourhino returned.. Manchester clubs had cleared up. I am still waiting to hear how Rafa was sacked from you Chelsea "fans"

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Two posts above yours

It was undoubtedly viewed as a ****e season for Chelsea and they actually played good football and had a decent record
                      He's an A grade troll I will give him that

No doubt it was important though as United were going the way of Liverpool, we needed to get back in the CL this year

The Europa cup also held little value back when rafa won it.. Chelsea had just won the CL.. you didn't qualify for the CL from winning the Europa cup either..

On the other hand United have been jack **** for the past 4 seasons and weren't in the CL this season so not quite the same is it

You also said Rafa was sacked for winning it.. when clearly he wasn't sacked at all.. so your original point that Rafa got sacked for having the same season Jose did.. is bs
                      Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 05-26-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X