Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis has all the ingredients to become a big star...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gervonta Davis has all the ingredients to become a big star...

... but Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a prick.

This event is being marketed as the Floyd Mayweather Show, with a Floyd Mayweather fighter taking on Liam Walsh. Nine out of ten UK boxing casuals would not be able to tell you Liam Walsh's opponents name. Floyd is way too hungry for the spotlight during the promotion. Haven't seen one press conference or official interview with Gervonta that doesn't have Floyd repeatedly interrupting.

I can understand Floyd saying he wants to look out for young up-and-coming fighters, but he's overdoing it. It's embarrassing to watch. Lost count of the amount of times Floyd is just spouting shot as usual and Gervonta is just awkwardly giggling in the background. Is Gervonta able to speak for himself? Davis should win this weekend and I'm expecting a conclusive, concussive ending. Really hoping Floyd is only being this way because Gervonta is fighting on foriegn shores.

Mayweather's a 40 year old manchild.

Comment

Davis is 5'6"

I mean what's next we gonna have the 4'8" strawweights being the face of boxing?

It's time to go back to the big boys

Joshua, Wilder, Fury

these are the future stars, time to end the midgets.

Comment

Mayweather is doing a great job of promoting the event, no doubt. It's hugely beneficial to Davies from a marketing standpoint. You might not like the method, but it's working - otherwise Davies wouldn't be getting this much coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
          ... but Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a prick.

This event is being marketed as the Floyd Mayweather Show, with a Floyd Mayweather fighter taking on Liam Walsh. Nine out of ten UK boxing casuals would not be able to tell you Liam Walsh's opponents name. Floyd is way too hungry for the spotlight during the promotion. Haven't seen one press conference or official interview with Gervonta that doesn't have Floyd repeatedly interrupting.

I can understand Floyd saying he wants to look out for young up-and-coming fighters, but he's overdoing it. It's embarrassing to watch. Lost count of the amount of times Floyd is just spouting shot as usual and Gervonta is just awkwardly giggling in the background. Is Gervonta able to speak for himself? Davis should win this weekend and I'm expecting a conclusive, concussive ending. Really hoping Floyd is only being this way because Gervonta is fighting on foriegn shores.
          If Mayeather wasn't there and he sent Davis over and relied on Warren to do the standard promoting how much attention do you think this fight would get?

Davis & Walsh wouldn't generate this type of attention by themselves. Until Davis is a big enough name Floyd is gonna have to use his star power to promote shows with his fighters.

Davis isn't complaining. Walsh isn't complaining. Warren sure as hell ain't complaining. The only ones complaining are people who have no business complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            If Mayeather wasn't there and he sent Davis over and relied on Warren to do the standard promoting how much attention do you think this fight would get?

Davis & Walsh wouldn't generate this type of attention by themselves. Until Davis is a big enough name Floyd is gonna have to use his star power to promote shows with his fighters.

Davis isn't complaining. Walsh isn't complaining. Warren sure as hell ain't complaining. The only ones complaining are people who have no business complaining.
            Yeah, spot on.

You have 2 basically unknown fighters and you have Floyd Mayweather there...you would an idiot not to use him for promotion.

They're happy to let Floyd do what he does. Warren has been around the game long enough to know Floyd is a huge asset for promoting this fight.

Most people watching videos for the build up are only watching it because Floyd is on it. If that gets people interested in the fight and tuning in to watch lesser known fighters coming through, then it can only be a good thing.

Comment

Floyd is definitely the overwhelming force in anything Tank related. It seems very much like the Angel Garcia & Kenny Porter relationships with Danny & Shawn. And unlike in those relationships Floyd isn't reallllly Tank's dad so I think unless Tank is beta as f#ck this relationship will explode or Tank is gonna have to man up without Floyd taking it too personal.

But idk about Tank being a superstar on some Floyd or Manny level. First off as mentioned he gots to f#cking talk. You aren't gonna be a superstar who doesn't f#cking talk & keep people's interest. So he's gotta start f#cking talk more & not rely on Floyd being his mouthpiece. I'd also suggest he's not gonna be a guy who has much success above 140lbs & I kinda feel like 147 is the minimum threshold, if not the hot spot, for transitioning into a superstar in the sport. I think Tank is ultimately a "lil guy" who'll just be among the top lil guys in boxing. Kinda like I feel like Shakur although I feel less optimistic about Shakur's career, although he's obviously younger in his career so that's probably par for the course.

Comment

not in 2017.

manlets are seen as subhuman.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  not in 2017.

manlets are seen as subhuman.

Fkin miscers I swear

Comment

lol.............

Comment

Working...