Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THIS Is A Great Fight (Maidana vs Amir Khan)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS Is A Great Fight (Maidana vs Amir Khan)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBtkFdewovk&app=desktop

(I can't embed the video, since I'm on a tablet and it says something about blocking the page to protect my personal information and stuff. Nevertheless, there's the link.)

I feel this is something of a forgotten gem among fight fans that needs to be seen and better appreciated. I think it's the best fight either men has ever put on. It also puts Khan's heart on display, and shows him for having a better chin than he's given credit for as well.
    Last edited by LockardTheGOAT; 05-14-2017, 08:51 PM.

I was able to embed without problems. Great fight.

Comment

I just noticed Canelo was sitting at ringside and cheering on Maidana when he rocked Khan in the tenth.

Comment

Yea, it was a great fight. I honestly didnt think Maidana would get up after that body shot. Man I wish Maidana didnt retire

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
          Yea, it was a great fight. I honestly didnt think Maidana would get up after that body shot. Man I wish Maidana didnt retire
          Pacquiao vs Maidana would have been a hell of a fight. So will Pac vs Khan if they can ever get it made (would have been better in Pac's younger years, but oh well.)

Comment

Real good fight. Khan proved that he actually can take a punch, if it comes late I guess.

Comment

Good post.

I struggle occasionally to remember Khan before the Canelo fight as he was so definitively KO'd albeit in a bit of a nonsense fight. But when someone is wiped out like that it feels like a full stop. He also looked ordinary against Chris Algieri.

But.....he did look as disciplined as he ever looked against Alexander and Collazo.

It just seems to me that Khan is essentially retired but will swoop in there to take any major fight available which makes me think he'll probably only produce a so-so effort.

Comment

Great performance by Khan. One of my favorite fights from that year.

If Khan stayed active and kept his mouth less active, he wouldn't have lost so many fans.

Real fans can forgive losses, but it's easy to get sick of someone like Khan who keeps running his mouth and he thinks he deserves big fights and paydays he didn't earn.

I also wish Maidana was still around.

Comment

Khan's best fight IMO.

Comment

It was a great fight and Khan's signature win. However...Maidana was pretty raw back then and Khan was saved by the referee in the 10th round. Khan built his reputation on this fight, then managed to p1ss it all away with the defeats by Peterson and Garcia. Khan still dines out on this, because he has achieved nothing of note since.

Comment

Working...
                    X