Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Feels Golovkin's Hype is Built on Calculated Matchmaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
    This is funny coming from Jacobs. The nerve of these PBC fighters talking about resume
    At least a WW isn't his best win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Sturm
      Serg
      Cotto
      Canelo

Golovkin ducked Cotto and Canelo

he totally refused to negotiate with lil old faded 153lb Cotto

that is on him, NOBODY else

and accusing Canelo of ducking Golovkin is absurd, considering the fact that there is a 15mil offer sitting on the table

this is the Golovkin hype/bullshht that I can't stand

everyone else collects names, Golovkin collects weak excuses

and listing guys like Monroe/Wade/Stevens as genuine top10 opponents is also ridiculous..... it does not matter if a dreadful ABC body (lookin at you IBF LMAO) ranks them..... that is either an admission that the particular ABC body in question happens to be below world-level..... or it is an admission that the current middleweight division is extremely weak

..... either way, Golovkin should have been desperate to fight names like Ward, Cotto, Canelo..... considering the alternatives

NONE of those guys were even the slightest threat, so saying top10 blah blah is just weak

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

and accusing Canelo of ducking Golovkin is absurd, considering the fact that there is a 15mil offer sitting on the table

and listing guys like Monroe/Wade/Stevens as genuine top10 opponents is also ridiculous..... it does not matter if a dreadful ABC body (lookin at you IBF LMAO) ranks them..... that is either an admission that the particular ABC body in question happens to be below world-level..... or it is an admission that the current middleweight division is extremely weak

..... either way, Golovkin should have been desperate to fight names like Ward, Cotto, Canelo..... considering the alternatives

NONE of those guys were even the slightest threat, so saying top10 blah blah is just weak
        ......but.....Monroe was boxino Champ doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Nah.

His hype was built around "I'll fight anyone from 154 to 168" then claim that he's being ducked.

They made I'm out to be a feared fighter. That's where the hype came from.

bingo !

Jacobs is right, because a guy who will "fight anyone from 154 to 168"..... would not have refused to negotiate on the weight with lil old faded 153lb Cotto..... who was his best possible payday

Golovkin is a terrific fighter, and he could be even better that that..... but with all that bullshht, and without those defining fights..... we may never know

it is amusing that fans think historians will continue to make excuses for Golovkin, like they do

Comment

• Should be easy work for Jacobs, I gather. Golovkin hasn't faced anyone good.

Jacobs is good. So Golovkin will lose.

Let's see what happens. (Note: Jacobs, who's on quite a successful run -- is soon to be a "bum.")

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              When you consider the tens, maybe even hundreds of thousands of pro boxers that have existed over the decades there is really only a handful of boxers (such as those you mentioned) who have moved up to challenge themselves and been successful.

There are many others who have been forced to move up as they can no longer make weight. Most recent example Charlo, Ward* and Broner. Golovkin, apparently, is not one of those.
              * Ward was also obliged to move up to get decent paydays.

There have been a good few who have moved up for paydays. Brook and Khan among them.

And yet there are boxers like Hagler and Monzon who are considered all time greats who stayed at the same weight. You can't deny it. And I do recognize that SMW didn't exist in their time. But Hagler especially benefited from greats at lower weights moving up to MW.

Why does Golovkin or any fighter need to dare to be great? All you critics are the first to point out that he is hyped, that he isn't that great and his resume is crap. Then you ask a ****** question like why doesn't he move up. Why would he if he is crap?

Besides, he is in it for the money like any other good pro and there is far more money around MW (15Million) than up at SMW (2-3 million) or LHW (5 million?)

And no, newby, I have never supported that he fight Floyd at even 154, much less at 160.
              Excellent points! It can definitely be argued that the vast majority of fighters who move up do so because they can no longer make the lighter weight. The "daring to be great" mantra is more about daring to make some big money, more so than it is about slaying a "dragon" & becoming a hero. There's nothing wrong with making some cash, but don't act like it's about much more than that (Ward, wink, wink).

The Golovkin point speaks to some psychology. Why indeed would people who regard GGG as an untalented hype job, insist that he move up & "challenge" himself? If he sucks so much, who cares to even see him fight at all? The truth is that for some reason, some people just don't like him. Or maybe they're in a state of disbelief that someone can be THAT good & ducked by virtually every champ in the class. I had a similar attitude towards Mayweather. The difference is that I wanted someone in his weight class to beat him & everybody wanted to fight him. The Golovkin haters reluctantly admit that he's too good for anyone in his division, so they call on him to "challenge" himself by fighting someone naturally bigger than he is. But they don't really want him to be challenged. They want to see him lose by any means necessary, so that they can say, "See? Told you he's a hype job!"

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                Excellent points! It can definitely be argued that the vast majority of fighters who move up do so because they can no longer make the lighter weight. The "daring to be great" mantra is more about daring to make some big money, more so than it is about slaying a "dragon" & becoming a hero. There's nothing wrong with making some cash, but don't act like it's about much more than that (Ward, wink, wink).

The Golovkin point speaks to some psychology. Why indeed would people who regard GGG as an untalented hype job, insist that he move up & "challenge" himself? If he sucks so much, who cares to even see him fight at all? The truth is that for some reason, some people just don't like him. Or maybe they're in a state of disbelief that someone can be THAT good & ducked by virtually every champ in the class. I had a similar attitude towards Mayweather. The difference is that I wanted someone in his weight class to beat him & everybody wanted to fight him. The Golovkin haters reluctantly admit that he's too good for anyone in his division, so they call on him to "challenge" himself by fighting someone naturally bigger than he is. But they don't really want him to be challenged. They want to see him lose by any means necessary, so that they can say, "See? Told you he's a hype job!"
                Very astute. The same people who think Golovkin sucks want to see him accomplish miracles before they can admit he's any good at all. Bizarre.

Golovkin is guilty of fighting at a time that lacks strong competition at MW. Period. And some of the better guys appear to avoid fighting him at all costs. I'm glad to see Jacobs stepping up.

And Golovkin is guilty of having an old school dream of dominating a single division and following it through. Again, a lot of people seem to hate this. They should hate Marvin Hagler too. And Carlos Monzon.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• and accusing Canelo of ducking Golovkin is absurd,

canelo dropped the belt and fought liam smith instead...why is that absurd? i would say its absurd to say golovkin ducked canelo when the fight is 7 months away and hasnt happened yet

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Nah.

His hype was built around "I'll fight anyone from 154 to 168" then claim that he's being ducked.

They made I'm out to be a feared fighter. That's where the hype came from.
                      At the time they did try and make fights at 168, but couldn't make it happen. Almost got Chavez, tried to fight Kessler, tried to fight Froch.

It wasn't really until the Canelo fight became a legit possibility that they killed moving up at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X