Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who shared the most champs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked the UK smw's of the 90s. Benn and Eubank. Unfortunately they only come up with 3 shared champs.

What stroke me a bit though, was how much deeper Eubank's resumé is compared to Benn's. It's really not how I remembered it.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Lol I get it. If alphabet champs are allowed we have Tyson and Holmes. They shared:

Spinks, Holyfield, Berbick, Bonecrusher and Nielsen.

I have other boxers I would like to explore. Takes some time though
      Sorry, but when we're talking about world champions, I think we only count "The Big 4"... so Nielsen can't be accepted.

However, you are very close to a "5". VERY close!

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
        Sorry, but when we're talking about world champions, I think we only count "The Big 4"... so Nielsen can't be accepted.

However, you are very close to a "5". VERY close!
        I only took Nielsen because I reckon he was arguably as much (as Little) recognized as HW champ as Ellis.

I will investigate more later!!

Comment

Originally posted by modernboxing View Post
          Only Heavyweight? Floyd and Pac shared some champions.
          Yes they did...

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
            Yes they did...
            I havent investigated any further, but I was a bit curious bundana. Have you checked the records of say Peter Buckley and Seamus Casey? I would think that those two and their eventual american counterparts, would have a lot of champions on their resume.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I havent investigated any further, but I was a bit curious bundana. Have you checked the records of say Peter Buckley and Seamus Casey? I would think that those two and their eventual american counterparts, would have a lot of champions on their resume.
              No, I hadn't checked the records of the those two. Casey met less than a handful of world champions - so he can't be a candidate.

Buckley, on the other hand, fought 12 world champs... but over a long period of time. So I think it's highly unlikely, that there should be someone out there with at least 5 of those 12 on his record. Not that I would bet my life on it, but I strongly doubt it!

Comment

Tyson and McCall both fought Lewis, Holmes, Douglas, Bruno, Tucker, Seldon and Orlin Norris.

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
                  Tyson and McCall both fought Lewis, Holmes, Douglas, Bruno, Tucker, Seldon and Orlin Norris.
                  That's a "7" right there - thanks a lot, Henry.

Comment

Tony Canzoneri and Jimmy McLarnin shared 6 world champions:

Bud Taylor
                    Al Singer
                    Sammy Mandell
                    Sammy Fuller
                    Barney Ross
                    Lou Ambers

Comment

Working...
                    X