Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Andre Ward be considered great if......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    He could always stay there and defend his title 20 times against bums.

That makes you great, doesn't it?
    So you dont think Hopkins was great before moving up?

Comment

He could always stay there and defend his title 20 times against bums.

That makes you great, doesn't it?
      I was cringing as I used "Hopkin's style run", thinking of that.

Comment

he'll be this generations calzaghe if he stays

Comment

Pretty much all of the heavyweight ATGs were one-division champs.

I don't see why not. But I think Ward will go wandering upward as he gets older, and good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
            So you dont think Hopkins was great before moving up?
            Why does that mean I think Hopkins wasn't great before he moved up?

To answer your question I would say yes considering he was a Top 10 or at the very least an arguable Top 10 ATG Middleweight before he moved up from 160.

Comment

Why does that mean I think Hopkins wasn't great before he moved up?

To answer your question I would say yes considering he was a Top 10 or at the very least an arguable Top 10 ATG Middleweight before he moved up from 160.
              cause i know you are taking shots at Calzaghe and he and hopkins both stayed in 1 division and cleaned it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                cause i know you are taking shots at Calzaghe and he and hopkins both stayed in 1 division and cleaned it out.
                How do you know I'm not taking shots at Sven Ottke?

Difference between Hopkins and Calzaghe is that almost 50 percent of Hopkins title defenses were against Top 5 opposition one of which was against a legit HOF'er and boaderline ATG in his prime or close to his prime as opposed to Calzaghe who fought an almighty 2 fighters ranked in the Top 5 at 168 and a grand total of 0 HOF fighters in general during his reign.

Not really comparable reigns.

Ottke and Calzaghe though their title reigns are like two peas in a pod except Calzaghe is a little bit better quality of pea.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Is Hagler great?
                  Absolutely. Hagler had sixty something fights at middleweight and fought some great competition (that moved up) throughout his career.

Ward has nothing left to prove at 168 and we haven't found the beast at 160who's moving up in weight that would be a threat to Ward. Plus there is a lot of competition at 175 in America.

Comment

How do you know I'm not taking shots at Sven Ottke?

Difference between Hopkins and Calzaghe is that almost 50 percent of Hopkins title defenses were against Top 5 opposition one of which was against a legit HOF'er and boaderline ATG in his prime or close to his prime as opposed to Calzaghe who fought an almighty 2 fighters ranked in the Top 5 at 168 and a grand total of 0 HOF fighters in general during his reign.

Not really comparable reigns.

Ottke and Calzaghe though their title reigns are like two peas in a pod except Calzaghe is a little bit better quality of pea.
                    who is that?????

Comment

Weight jumping is not at all important, I judge fighter by the wins over the fighters they beat and how good those fighters were then they beat them.

Comment

Working...
                      X