Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any great boxing movies from Britain or Ireland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any great boxing movies from Britain or Ireland?

We've discussed Raging Bull, The Hurricane and others here lately.

Anything from across the pond, that you recommend and that we can see?

Or Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc.

Saw the docu on Chuvalo-- was very good.

Comment

I can't remember any boxing movies from there off the top, but a good documentary is Little Prince Big Fight, which has got some real interesting footage in the build-up to the Hamed-Barrera fight. It basically shows that Hamed's training camp was a complete joke. Definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it. I'm pretty sure its on YouTube too.

Comment

''The Boxer'' with Daniel Day-Lewis

Fantastic film

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
          I can't remember any boxing movies from there off the top, but a good documentary is Little Prince Big Fight, which has got some real interesting footage in the build-up to the Hamed-Barrera fight. It basically shows that Hamed's training camp was a complete joke. Definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it. I'm pretty sure its on YouTube too.
          Thank you.
          Someone here (you?) rec'd it last week and I saw it then.

U r right, it was excellent. He/they sure were focused on the wrong things.
          Seems like he/they thought Hamed was invincible or such.

Do you think that was Bareera's finest hour?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
            ''The Boxer'' with Daniel Day-Lewis

Fantastic film
            Thanks. I respect your opinion. We discussed that one too a few days ago. Seems like most of us thought there was something missing from this film, as it didn't excite us.

Was it supposed to take place in Ireland?
            If so, Republic or N. Ireland?

Anyway do you rate it up there with Raging Bull, Hurricane and such? Or better for that matter?

Comment

And since you like great boxing docs, did you see Ring Of Fire?
              About the Emile Griffith/Bneny Paret fight and aftermath.

Comment

Originally posted by physiker View Post
                Thank you.
                Someone here (you?) rec'd it last week and I saw it then.

U r right, it was excellent. He/they sure were focused on the wrong things.
                Seems like he/they thought Hamed was invincible or such.

Do you think that was Bareera's finest hour?
                I think Barrera did brilliantly in that fight. Yeah, it could be considered his finest hour. It's a shame Hamed wasn't at his best, but it was all his own fault so Barrera deserved to win. Like you say, it seemed like he thought he was invincible and his whole team around him were just yes-men.

There's another documentary I saw but I can't remember the name. It was about this group of traveling boxers in Australia who would go around the outback and box in organized contests. Damn, if I remember the name I'll get back to you.

And here's a doc you may have already seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ptSn...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Comment

I think Barrera did brilliantly in that fight. Yeah, it could be considered his finest hour. It's a shame Hamed wasn't at his best, but it was all his own fault so Barrera deserved to win. Like you say, it seemed like he thought he was invincible and his whole team around him were just yes-men.

There's another documentary I saw but I can't remember the name. It was about this group of traveling boxers in Australia who would go around the outback and box in organized contests. Damn, if I remember the name I'll get back to you.

And here's a doc you may have already seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ptSn...ature=youtu.be
                    So you think Hamed might have won in a rematch?

I saw the Champions Forever doc. Yes, great.

Did you say if you've seen "Ring of Fire"?

Comment

Working...
                    X