Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Plans To Weigh About 270 Pounds For Rematch With Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    I'm actually interested in seeing what benefits he may get from this new nutritionist. We won't really know til fight night, but more weight will be good when Fury wants to set his feet, bite down, and trade shots with Wilder.
    That's such a dumb plan, though.

Better to just outbox him like he did for a majority of the first fight.

Comment

270 are heavy to take up from the canvas, in case of a kd...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Wilders right hand is not versatile at all. He needs a specific, almost exact distance to punch like Kostya Tszyu did. Fury plans to play the role of Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Wilder can't load up on his right in short distances, he doesn't know how, and it's not taught from one day to the next. It's a solid plan. Wilder needs distance to throw his full extension and land hardest. Fury is the man to take that away.

Comment

Although I can see the rationalé behind what Fury is saying, unfortunately, it was the same philosophy that Ruiz Jr was espousing before his rematch with A.J.

Fury is a huge guy, and I reckon his fighting weight ought never to exceed 250.

It's called a fighting weight for a reason.

For Fury, who is a boxer, who likes to stick and move, doesn't have much of an inside game, his weight is going to be a disadvantage unless he plans to switch from boxing to power punching - which is unlikely at the stage of his career.

He might be feeling comfortable during camp, but that's also not good, because camp should be hell.

It's a time when you push your body to its absolute limits - as the fight is just the performance, the result of what's been achieved in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              I'm actually interested in seeing what benefits he may get from this new nutritionist. We won't really know til fight night, but more weight will be good when Fury wants to set his feet, bite down, and trade shots with Wilder.
              That would be fine if that was Fury's natural style, but it isn't and trying to change your natural style from boxer to puncher isn't going to work at this late stage in his career IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                That would be fine if that was Fury's natural style, but it isn't and trying to change your natural style from boxer to puncher isn't going to work at this late stage in his career IMHO.
                There’s plenty of highlight clips showing Wilder closing his eyes clinching his teeth getting stunned even Wilder fans posted them making fun of Furys punches but they don’t realize it’s exposed Wilder .

Fury sitting down on shots it will be just like Roach wanted Fury to do last one that’s end the fight before it starts . I truly don’t believe you guys think Fury is allowed to punch back and think he has to not get hit for 12 rounds ,what’s with you guys ? Ha

Comment

...this ain’t sitting well with me.

In a separate thread some nobody accused me of plagiarizing something he said. Now here the 2016 poster of the year appears to be plagiarizing what I’m saying.

Looks like people are positioning themselves to claim they were the first with this Fury TKO prediction.

Comment

Andy Ruiz was meant to be his smallest before the Joshua rematch.

Comment

270 is a good weight for him, he will have a heavier punch and better punch resistance, as he said it's natural weight not gym muscles.
                      Fitness wise Fury has always had good stamina and he was definitely the fresher fighter at the end of the last fight, a few extra pound ain't gonna make any difference on his 6,9 frame.

And lastly Wilder was totally outboxed by a 50yo Ortiz in his last fight before getting the ko, so Fury who is much better and fresher than Ortiz should have no problem winning a decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X