No announcement yet.

Come Saturday Al Haymon will control 2 of the 3 glamour divisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Even if Ruiz wins, Haymon's control of the HW title belts won't last long, with IBF and WBO mandatories about to be ordered and most of the talent in the division outside his stable.
    Exactly what is the point of having a unified champ with 4 belts in an era that fighters fight twice a year? There will always be someone getting stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Welterweight isn’t so much a glamour division. I don’t see any major stars there

Really, neither are middleweight and heavyweight

You have Canelo and Joshua as cash cows, and not much else. Fury has his own following at Heavyweight sure, but the Wilder promotional experiment isn’t really succeeding

I’d argue there are glamour fighters and not divisions.

I didn't say the biggest current fighters are in this division. I said these are the glamour divisions. This isn't my opinion. Go look at the PPV numbers and gates.

The two biggest money makers the past decade didn't start making the real money until they entered the Welterweight division.

Wilder & Ruiz in HW

Spence is the biggest American star in boxing and he's only on his second PPV & has Pacquiao to put him over.

Middleweight is open because Canelo left.
      Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 12-04-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
        insinuating the 'bc and the 'ba are the best is crazy talk. If anything, those 2 are the most ignorant & corrupt! They both create new belts/titles/imaginary champions just to rob fighters for $. Besides your daily posts insulting others, this one takes the cake. I never thought you could shill any harder until today. smMFh
        Another one who can't comprehend.

When Fury dropped the belts did you care Charles Martin had the IBF belt?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          The three traditional glamour divisions are

Welterweight
          Middleweight
          Heavyweight

With Canelo exciting the Middleweight that's now up for grabs.
          And what does that mean for us Boxing fans? Ive never really thought of it as promoters or advisors owning belts or divisions i thought it was the Boxers that did the work. So what would this domination mean for us fans? What do we got to look forward to under Al's vision?

Comment

I didn't say the biggest current fighters are in this division. I said these are the glamour divisions. This isn't my opinion. Go look at the PPV numbers and gates.

The two biggest money makers the past decade didn't start making the real money until they entered the Welterweight division.

Wilder & Ruiz in HW

Spence is the biggest American star in boxing and he's only on his second PPV & has Pacquiao to put him over.

Middleweight is open because Canelo left.
            Welterweight was definitely the glamour division during the May/PAC era, but not now

Middleweight started to heat up a little, but that was really fuelled by the Golovkin/Canelo rivalry which produced 2 fantastic fights. The only money fight left there is a 3rd fight. That is not a glamour division, though it came close when Golovkin and Canelo were both there.

Heavyweight has Joshua who is the divisional cash cow, which is beyond dispute. There are no big money match ups without Joshua. He’s the only fighter that people seem to want to invest money in, on top of what boxing already offers. In the cases of Fury and Wilder, they are just part of the boxing package, but clearly people don’t want to invest more into them.

The logic you are trying to force is broken. If something is traditionally true, it does not hold that it is automatically true now. In this case, all three of these divisions are not glamour divisions currently

Comment

Another one who can't comprehend.

When Fury dropped the belts did you care Charles Martin had the IBF belt?
              Your response has NOTHING to do with mine. so, OBVIOUSLY youre comprehension level is nil....You just TRIED to move the goal posts, but failed miserably.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                Welterweight was definitely the glamour division during the May/PAC era, but not now

Middleweight started to heat up a little, but that was really fuelled by the Golovkin/Canelo rivalry which produced 2 fantastic fights. The only money fight left there is a 3rd fight. That is not a glamour division, though it came close when Golovkin and Canelo were both there.

Heavyweight has Joshua who is the divisional cash cow, which is beyond dispute. There are no big money match ups without Joshua. He’s the only fighter that people seem to want to invest money in, on top of what boxing already offers. In the cases of Fury and Wilder, they are just part of the boxing package, but clearly people don’t want to invest more into them.

The logic you are trying to force is broken. If something is traditionally true, it does not hold that it is automatically true now. In this case, all three of these divisions are not glamour divisions currently
                Mcc's insinuations and assumptions for this thread are horrendously laughable

Comment

ahh so close!

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
                    ahh so close!

lol
                    I would say mcc got egg on his face, but he does that enough times daily where the only explanation is he has a hen-house magnet attached to his face.

Comment

Ahhh this thread aged well.....

Thankfully you didn't bet your account on this.
                      Last edited by NaijaD; 12-07-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X