Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come Saturday Al Haymon will control 2 of the 3 glamour divisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welterweight isn’t so much a glamour division. I don’t see any major stars there

Really, neither are middleweight and heavyweight

You have Canelo and Joshua as cash cows, and not much else. Fury has his own following at Heavyweight sure, but the Wilder promotional experiment isn’t really succeeding

I’d argue there are glamour fighters and not divisions.

Comment

I think a Ruiz win is extremely significant. We can all try and downplay it, but if Haymon has Wilder, Ruiz, Spence and Manny all as champions he can generate significant money in 2020.

As of this post the most anticipated fight in 2020 is Wilder/Fury 2. That becomes #2 if Ruiz wins. Spence/Manny, if made, will be the biggest selling PPV of the year. PBC should (but will not) use the undercards of these fights for unification in JMW and FW, the other divisions he has top guys in. There is also the Spence/Crawford and Tank/Loma fights people are clamoring for that could add a little dough I doubt they get made).

Could be a really big year for PBC if things fall the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Even if Ruiz wins, Haymon's control of the HW title belts won't last long, with IBF and WBO mandatories about to be ordered and most of the talent in the division outside his stable.
        Unification vs Wilder trumps Mandos.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          What people don't realize is the reason GGG was able to gain traction in the US is because he was a KO artist in a glamour division.
          Yes and he stayed BUSY. So even when you FORGOT he made a NEW KO.

Guys like Charlo get no sympathy from me. They talk big but fight very infrequently. And even when they do fight it's against overmatched opponents...and the fights are STILL COMPETITIVE.

Charlo called out Danny Jacobs and completely DUCKED once Danny confronted him. You tell me what that means..."lion"...be serious lol

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            Welterweight isn’t so much a glamour division. I don’t see any major stars there

You have Canelo and Joshua as cash cows, and not much else. Fury has his own following at Heavyweight sure, but the Wilder promotional experiment isn’t really succeeding

Every point is excellent. Boxing is not in a healthy spot at the moment.

6 "Champs" per weight class, networks determine matchups (not best fighting best), and you need ESPN+, DAZN, Showtime, or PPV to watch these events. Wtf??

Lmfaoooo..

Comment

Nobody cares about a WBO & IBF belt. Ruiz beat Joshua. That's what people will remember.
              insinuating the 'bc and the 'ba are the best is crazy talk. If anything, those 2 are the most ignorant & corrupt! They both create new belts/titles/imaginary champions just to rob fighters for $. Besides your daily posts insulting others, this one takes the cake. I never thought you could shill any harder until today. smMFh

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post

Co-sgin on everything you wrote

Exactly! Saul and Joshua are thee 2 biggest names/earners in boxing. If Floyd comes back, he''l be right back up there too.

As for the current WW division, it has 1 BIG, albeit, fading name and that is Pac. Back in the day the WW division was hot because EVERYONE damn near fought eachother. Now? Oh he's signed with so and so, across the street.....if anything, boxing is watered down. Just look at the 88k or 180k (whichever is true) that bought the bs rematch a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I don`t give **** aboit promotors. I am a boxing fan, not a boxing promotions company fan.

Comment

The three traditional glamour divisions are

Welterweight
                    Middleweight
                    Heavyweight

With Canelo exciting the Middleweight that's now up for grabs.
                    - -U uncle Al been grabbin' on U again?

Comment

Except Wilder can’t even sell 200K PPVs, Charlo is nobody, and Spence is out there fighting pavement.

The cash cows ain’t gonna all of a sudden be Wilder and Charlo just because Canelo left the division and Joshua lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X