May-Mcgregor is dangerous for boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Ahhh okay fair enough my bad.

If Conor comes in fighting like he fights in the cage he legit might not land a punch lol.

I do like Conor's fluidness. If I ever get rich I'm hiring one of those "motion coaches" or whatever that guy is called that works with Conor cuz Conor transitions into the next thing better than anyone in MMA I think & I suspect thats something he'll try to use to his advantage vs Floyd.

he can only keep that movement for 1 round lmao

watch round 3 of diaz vs mcgregor. he starts walking around gassed while getting his head beat in by zombie ass diaz. no more springing around like a floozy.

Comment

So you're saying he hits harder than Madaina ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodvenger View Post
        There is no footage of Connor in a boxing match that you could study. The guy is unpredictable, has real KO power, and is unlike any boxer Floyd has faced.

Floyd is 40, been out the ring for years, has brittle hands and can't KO'ed anyone.

If Floyd gets KO'ed that would mean the end of boxing as a sport. Even if Floyd wins, but the fight goes a few rounds and Connor lands a few punches, it would make boxing look real bad.

Floyd is a piece of **** for risking the entire sport like that for a few $$$.
        I'd like to invite you to this thread:
        The Most Significant Boxing Match in History? Mayweather-McGregor?

If, if, if McGregor beats Mayweather, where would that bout rank in terms of significance, importance, in Boxing history?

If Mayweather wins, then the repercussions would obviously not be all that significant... it's expected that Mayweather wins. But I think the ramifications of a Conor McGregor, an MMA fighter, a Boxing amateur, upsetting the Boxing world would be earth-shattering for the sport. Mayweather being who he is, 49-0, TBE, etc... this might be the most significant bout ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          If anything this fight is dangerous for MMA.
          Explain.

Cause I only see positives for MMA.

Like McConor told Floyd Sr...
          - "You're fan, Floyd senior, quit lying. I could see it in your eyes. I know, I can see a fan when I see one."

Comment

Silly thread.
            Guy has zero record in boxing.
            Has been getting KO'd in sparring by sub par boxers.
            I've been saying Rod Salka would give this guy hell.
            He could get caught any second by the best eva.
            Gregor could end up in the emergency hospital.
            Someone could get sued for even approving this meaningless circus
            between fighters whose boxing skills are oceans apart.

Comment

I'm struggling with this argument. Why on earth is it a disaster for boxing? If Roger Federer wins the British Open Golf do we say wow who knew tennis skills could translate? No, we'd say who knew Roger was a great GOLFER?
              If Conor wins he can't be anything but a great BOXER and should be welcomed with open arms by the boxing community.

Comment

Originally posted by commonsense View Post
                I'm struggling with this argument. Why on earth is it a disaster for boxing? If Roger Federer wins the British Open Golf do we say wow who knew tennis skills could translate? No, we'd say who knew Roger was a great GOLFER?
                If Conor wins he can't be anything but a great BOXER and should be welcomed with open arms by the boxing community.
                Off course it wont hurt boxing in any way it could hurt Floyds legacy but not the sport as a whole, Ive been following the sport for over 50 yrs and its stronger today than its ever been and still producing the highest paid athletes in world sport.

Id like a dollar for every time Ive heard somebody say that such and such happening will be the end of boxing, lol they don't know what they are talking about and look through short term eyes.

Comment

Working...
                X