Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Crawford The Most Skilled Jr Welter of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    Again, name me one 140 pounder in history who was as skilled as Crawford.
    Zab Judah..

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Zab Judah..
      Please explain. Judah was nothing but a faster version of Adrien Broner. I don't believe he would've beated Postol, Gamboa, and Diaz.

Comment

I can't think of any 140 pounder throughout history that has dominated the division more than Crawford has. Yes, Pryor, Manny Antonio, Delahoya, Mosley, Kostya, Chavez Sr, and Wilfred were great. But they never dominated the division in the same fashion as Crawford has. Plus, none of them had the same skill set as Crawford does. Crawford is a blend of Marc Too Sharp Johnson, Marvin Hagler, and Pernell all in one.
        He's my favorite fighter fighting today but the answer is "no"!

Comment

None of those guys were the total package like Crawford is. Crawford is an elite offensive and defensive fighter. Those guys were either good at one or the other. Floyd maybe the exception.
          That's the beauty of boxing. Sometimes you only have to great at one facet and just good in the others to become dominant.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            The only thing you can say Crawford does that Mayweather didn't is switch stances. There is nothing in his footwork, jab, accuracy or balance that can be seen as "better." unless you can give me some examples.
            Floyd can switch stances as well. He went South paw vs chop chop

Comment

Crawford definitely has the talent to be the p4p king. You could argue that he's the most complete fighter in the game and he has all the intangibles. He needs the competition to prove it. Luckily, he should get his chance when he moves just one division north, assuming Arum doesn't **** everything up. If Crawford doesn't get to fight the likes of Garcia, Thurman or Spence, it'll be a damn shame.

Comment

Working...
              X