Collapse
No announcement yet.

My take on Carl 'The Cobra' Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, he lost to the two best fighters he ever faced, prime 4 prime.

Comment

a real old school throwback fighter who was durable, tough,also had a huge iron will to win late on in fights

the first groves stoppage (although you could argue it was a bit too early) was proven to be the correct decision judging by the second fight cos if their first bout would have carried on groves would have been body bagged. Truth is froch was coming on strong like he always does and groves was fading theres no way in hell he would have made it to the final bell but what does it matter anyway the cobra knocked him in front of 80000 people

kessler was no joke either but i dont remember any beat down happening between them? there was no shame in losing to ward cos froch had already overachieved with the tools he had i wish he was still prime and could fight golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
        Well, he lost to the two best fighters he ever faced, prime 4 prime.
        And beat one of them in a rematch. So only Ward per-say.

Comment

I was a huge fan of Froch, specially when Joe Calzaghe was ducking him. But lately he seems like an arrogant prick. Bad mouthing GGG? Not allright in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
            "80,000 at Wembley" - An Autobiography by Carl Froch
            I'd buy it

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
              And beat one of them in a rematch. So only Ward per-say.
              Past prime both, though.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                Notice that hate only came when a certain section of fans needed to devalue him as a fighter to suit their agenda.

When he was fighting and soon after his retirement the overwhelming opinion was, that this was a guy who fought murderers row, a true iron man.

He was one of those fighters who wouldn't wait for an opposing fighter to show his weaknesses - he would go looking for them, and more often than not he would find them.

Not the most skilled - not the fastest - but my god was he effective. HOF'er for me also.
                Nonsense - many fighters and fans alike have disliked him for a while and continue to because he is unbelievably arrogant to the point of delusion.

He also didnt want any part of Calzaghe until Calzaghe was half way into retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                  Past prime both, though.
                  Are you referring to Carl?

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
                    Are you referring to Carl?
                    Froch & Kessler.

Comment

Working...
                    X