Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield Blocks The Sale of His Olympic Medal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maniac you just said you hate n words on twitter so that means you hate yourself cause the definition of that word is an ignorant person

Comment

Holyfield a dumbass, as a Boxer I have respect even though he might of been doping but we aint got proof but as a person he just straight ******ed, blown through 200 million come on who can respect someone like that. more money then whole blood lines will every see as long as their existence. Sad. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
        Maniac you just said you hate n word on twitter so that means you hate yourself cause the definition of that word is an ignorant person

You're right I do hate the N word because I'm an anti racism advocate

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        Holyfield a dumbass, as a Boxer I have respect even though he might of been doping but we aint got proof but as a person he just straight ******ed, blown through 200 million come on who can respect someone like that. more money then whole blood lines will every see as long as their existence. Sad. Pathetic.
        with $5M you cal live a very good life without having to work the rest of your life, it can literally last you an entire life time. but 200 Million? how can someone spend that much?

Comment

I'm not saying he deserves all this but I don't feel sorry for him. He blew all his money, he has nobody to blame but himself.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            with $5M you cal live a very good life without having to work the rest of your life, it can literally last you an entire life time. but 200 Million? how can someone spend that much?
            Dumb motherfuckers.

Comment

These guys have no idea how to manage their money, because they've never really had to manage money like ordinary people do. It happens over and over again. People keep trying to sell them nice things, and they assume they can afford it so they buy them.

Comment

good try son,good try

Comment

Another "rags-to-riches-to-rags" boxing story. Its pretty extreme in Holyfield's case. I don't feel bad that he pissed away millions, but I feel bad that he'll have trouble making a living in his future. Mike Tyson also wasted away a fortune but has reinvented himself and is profiting from his pop icon image. He's doing Broadway shows (WTF who wouldve thought?), he's in movies and on television. Kudos to him for milking his celebrity and making himself into a brand.

Holyfield on the other hand, only knows boxing and his wars in the ring have affected his mental ability. He's punch drunk and he has nothing in the financial sense to show for it. It's a ****in shame

Comment

Actually, Holyfield's reported career earnings are $250 million. But that's what he earned. Factor in taxes, promoters' fees, manager's fees, agent's fees, accountant's fees, etc., and Evander's take was undoubtedly below 50% of his gross. Now, that's still a hell of a lot of money, and Holyfield certainly squandered a massive fortune, but it's not as simple as him buying a mountain of bling.

As the ESPN show I mentioned earlier described, when you make that kind of money, the leaches come out of the woodwork. God only knows how many people have leaned on Holyfield for money over the years. He's probably supported a small town's worth of "dependents", not including his small army of offspring and their mothers. You can tear through a lot of money like that. And it's not as easy to say, "No," as one might think.

There's so much more to be considered. Evander obviously fucked up, but it's not all cut and dry.
                    Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 11-21-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

people talking Ishh about another mans finances. i can guarantee you the overwhelming majority of people on this thread live paycheck to paycheck with no money saved. It's easy to say what you would do if you had some money when you never had any . If someone were to give these guys a couple million and tell them to invest it and turn a profit I can GUARANTEE you they wouldn't even know where to start.

Comment

Working...
                      X