No announcement yet.

Congratulations to WV2 for putting on a Clotteyesque performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to WV2 for putting on a Clotteyesque performance

Prior to this fight, I thought I've heard everything on this site. But, tonight's fans reactions to the Donaire - WV2 fight surprised me with the WV2 nuthugging and Donaire hating.

WV2 was way too cautious and didn't want to open up. For the most part threw only 1 punch at a time, how the hell can some of you actually respect that p*ss poor preformance ?

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
    Prior to this fight, I thought I've heard everything on this site. But, tonight's fans reactions to the Donaire - WV2 fight surprised me with the WV2 nuthugging and Donaire hating.

WV2 was way too cautious and didn't want to open up. For the most part threw only 1 punch at a time, how the hell can some of you actually respect that p*ss poor preformance ?
    he marked up donaire pretty bad and wv2 is a C class fighter

Comment

Did you see donaires face at the end? Dude was busted up, obviously WV2 was landing punches.

Comment

WV2 was a lot more impressive than Clottey.

Comment

WV2 was a lot better than Clottey and actually traded punches in some moments of the fight. Oh and WV2 busted Nonito's face, he actually almost closed his right eye by just using the jab.

Comment

Just because HBO wasn't calling WV2's punches, doesn't mean he wasn't throwing any. WV2 looked pretty good in there, IMO. Better than I thought. Donaire bull****ted the first three rounds or so, but then found out that WV2 was actually slightly decent.

I was impressed on how Donaire kind of bounced back in rounds nine and ten, even though he still did a lot of things wrong tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
              WV2 was a lot more impressive than Clottey.
              When it comes to Clotteyesque, nobody comes close to Clottey.

Comment

not only did wv2 throw enough punches to mark up donaires face, but he was also open all night. his body was very open. and what did donaire do??? he head hunted like a fool. he may have skill and tremendous talent but what he lacks in the ring is intelligence. i mean the body was right there!!!

Comment

I actually think that Donaire just fell in love with his power at 118, just like JuanMa Lopez did in his division. Donaire started the fight thinking that he was going to KO WV2 just by using his powerful hook and that is was going to be the same that when he was fighting smaller guys. His power didn't translate to the 122 division though.

Comment

You obviously didnt see Narvaez vs Donaire if you are going to compare this one to Clottey-Pacquiao. Looking at the pic below, looks to me like that 1 punch was effective but obviously not enough to win.

Also, the only ones who should be saying WV2 put on a poor performance are the ones who predicted him to win and expected him to KO Donaire. Other than that, most ppl here thought he'd (Vazquez jr) get Ko'd easily so by seeing him last, take a few good punches and land very frequently obviously is going to impress them and give a fighter his dues.

Comment

Working...
                    X