Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Rigondeaux Sells Out Two Months in Advance!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    Weight will definitely play a factor. We're just hoping that Rigo can make it a good scrap despite that issue.

I'm still waiting for someone to confirm whether he's ever rehydrated to 130 before. I don't think he has.
    I don't think so, either, but I've seen a picture of Rigo weighing in at 129 recently.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
      does anyone know why loma left 126 so fast?
      He'd already beaten the #2 (Russell) and the other top guy (Walters) had moved up. They offered Rigo the fight he turned it down so a title became available at 130 and a champion (Martinez) that was willing to fight him.

Comment

I'm going with Rigo by decision. Would like to see Lomo give him an L but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          does anyone know why loma left 126 so fast?
          I just checked boxing rec. It was a quick move, but he had already beat Russell at that weight, who's probably the number 1 at that class now.

He is 29. If he wants the bigger money fights, he's gotta move up in weight faster than a younger guy.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I don't think so, either, but I've seen a picture of Rigo weighing in at 129 recently.
            He's at weight nearly two months before the fight? Not necessarily a good thing, but maybe they're playing around with his nutrition/weight to acclimate his body to the added muscle.

Comment

Got me and my brother tickets. I ain't missing history *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                No mention of the fact that the theater only seats 5,500 people. Not exactly breaking the box office.

If it's sold out, move it over to the arena.
                pretty much this ^^^

It is a great fight & all that but its not going to sell out the arena, just the theater...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjs View Post
                  he'd already beaten the #2 (russell) and the other top guy (walters) had moved up. They offered rigo the fight he turned it down so a title became available at 130 and a champion (martinez) that was willing to fight him.
                  the rigo fight wasnt made over money it wasnt that he turned it down, they didnt agree over money, would have loved to see him vs frampton , santa cruz, etc, but it seems like he will eventually have to move up again whos gonna fight him at 130?

Comment

Loma's going to look like a fkn giant. Rigo is already maxed out at 122 I feel. Still unmissable.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Don't know his weight history, but being under the weight limit 2 months before a fight is not good or am I wrong?

I'm pretty sure even Roman gonzalez walks around at 129 2 months before a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X