Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz: WBC Prez Explains Current Situation, Ruling Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    He went to the ER...the DR puts him on a drug because he thinks it's the best one for him. He does not stop to check with VADA...that's not what he's trained to do.

If he went to the ER and a DR put him on it then you have to believe he had/has a legitimate reason to take the drug.

2 subsequent Dr's decided to continue on with the initial RX...the guy has BP issues. Maybe he felt he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. That if he declares it he will be struck and that maybe if he doesn't he will sneak by? IDK...I just think he should be given a pass. No PED's found and BP med do not enhance performance...on the contrary they fatigue you after a certain point. Besides the Losartan in Losartan/HCTZ is not a diuretic...it's the HTCZ that is. You wouldn't take that combo because you wanted to cheat with a diuretic...you'd just take the HTCZ alone and avoid the side-effects and fatigue associated with Losartan unless you really needed it.

The division needs this fight...there is no suitable alternative for Nov 4th. Frankly...I think they should do away with testing altogether. If it hasn't been cleaned up sin the 30's it never will be...and that's the best way to even the playing field.
    He was in the ER? Hadn't heard that yet...

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      He was in the ER? Hadn't heard that yet...
      Yeah...there's a thread with a 3 part I think instagram video with his Dr talking about him. I'd link it up but I'm too tired now and off to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        I guess only Floyd get retrospective TUE then.

Then again that was with USADA.

No wonder Floyd didn't want to use VADA
        remember Floyd is black, Ortiz is latino.:blow:

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo410 View Post
          Just so I understand, If Ortiz had told them before, "hey I take the following meds for high blood pressure" would it not be an issue?
          To keep it simple no it wouldn't be an issue. Everything would be taken into account, he would be monitored to see he wasn't using it to mask other PED etc.

Comment

So if this fight goes ahead, and Ortiz destroys Wilder wouldn't the headlines go back to this issue with the drug?

Comment

Reading this forum really makes me laugh...

I've been saying this for years because of first person accounts on the subject and folks very close to me who hang around gyms in Toronto and Montreal.

Doping is everywhere, its no rampant, its become more of a closed doors affair but athletes dope at ALL levels. I know for a fact of first person accounts of elite MMA athletes doping, guys who supposedly are tested year round.

I know personally of amateur boxers juicing. Fight sports aside, half the guys at my gym (lifting gym) juice and talk about it almost in the open.

Even athletes who don't juice are on so many supplement ****tails that they might as well be juicing and much of this stuff could be classified as juice tomorrow.

Look at NFL, you all think these guys are supermen all natural? Juiced to the gills. We all know about cycling...

What do you think? Wilder, AJ, Wlad go home and have chicken breast with rice all through and between training camps? Give me a break, look at their bodies, look at their size and tell me that is all done because of road work and organic chicken breast...the gas tanks on these guys, relative lack of injuries...the ability to cut and gain 20lb in two nights...Guys boxing into their 40s FFS.

Bottom line is that all of these guys are on a cupboard full of pills and powders even though they might not be classified as PEDs. Not a PED today but a PED tomorrow so do they become PED cheats if tomorrow some pills that Wilder is taking become classified as such?

I hate Povetkin's guts, but whatever the guy was taking was legal at some point. So he went from an innocent guy to the devil in one night? How convenient.

I don't hide the fact I don't like Wilder and can't wait to see him KOd, but I can see Ortiz being just stupid enough not to declare these pills because he sees it as medicine...

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
                remember Floyd is black, Ortiz is latino.:blow:
                Ortiz is Black..just like Tito

I know you hate that..but it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  Floyd got a retroactive exemption because he followed all of the rules. He didn't hide anything. The USADA doping control officer was with him the entire day and Floyd never left the presence of the DCO.

Floyd gave a sample right before the IV and another sample right after the IV. The DCO witnessed Floyd's poor condition, witnessed the paramedics, witnessed the administering of the IV, etc.

Anybody else under the same circumstances would have been granted an exemption. That is precisely why retroactive exemptions exist. So the fighter can receive treatment without the DCO having to make any sort of ruling in the heat of the moment. Then the evidence and facts can be properly analyzed later and a ruling made without a ticking clock.

What was Floyd's poor condition?
                  What caused it?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Worry about your uk dope fiends.

According to figures from UK Anti-Doping (Ukad), the national body responsible for protecting clean sport, there are currently 52 athletes and coaches serving bans.
                    One source said that only “very resourceful” doping control officers from countries such as the UK had prevented the integrity of sample collection being compromised.

Americans are just superior to your people
                    Those girls haven’t tested positive like European drug cheaters Tyson Fury,Sharapova, Povetkin
                    They just get TUEs, claiming they have medical conditions.

Russians hacked WADA and got their files. They were taking PEDs, but legally, loopholes in the system and they were exploiting them.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Don’t worry about Floyd little boy this is about cheater Ortiz. Floyd is a black king never question him needed.
                      I thought as much.

Comment

Working...
                      X