No announcement yet.

Firing A Relative

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firing A Relative

i fucking hate having a relative as a worker. it's all good at first but they start acting up and such a pain in the ass. they think they are the same boss as you are. and when you tell them they are not doing their job they get dramatic and make you look like you're the villain in the family.

never ever fucking hire one even if you feel sorry about their situation in life. now im going to fire that ass.

sorry not so sorry!

You might need him or his close family later in life, just saying, nobody has your back like family.

Comment

Don't do business with friends and family.. it's not that they take things for granted but business needs you to be cut throats and family demands compassion, both don't go hand in hand.. you'll spoil the relationship over money/power..

Comment

family will plot on ways of ''getting their share''. especially wives.

never, ever mix fam and business.

at the very least, its awkward to fire them or have them arrested for embezzlement.

Comment

I never hire relatives, except for my brother when he was going thru college..

Most of my cousins are deadbeats, but always wanna work for me, or have some business investment they want me to fund.

In July it was a website coupon site

A year ago, it was an exotic car rental

Literally never get involved with family in business partners.. especially the desperate trashy ones.. I won't even hire them at one of my restaurants because they will be the first to slack off and probably steal from me.

I highly advise against family

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
            You might need him or his close family later in life, just saying, nobody has your back like family.
            he didnt' have my back when i gave him the job when he begged me for one to save his ass what makes you think he would have my back later on? that's the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              I never hire relatives, except for my brother when he was going thru college..

Most of my cousins are deadbeats, but always wanna work for me, or have some business investment they want me to fund.

In July it was a website coupon site

A year ago, it was an exotic car rental

Literally never get involved with family in business partners.. especially the desperate trashy ones.. I won't even hire them at one of my restaurants because they will be the first to slack off and probably steal from me.

I highly advise against family
              true that dude. a brother is fine and tolerable because he's first blood but this one is just a relative. it's just that the family felt sorry for him and everyone was like we need to help him out and you are the one who has a solid business. he was a good lad and all as a relative but never thought he'd be a pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                Don't do business with friends and family.. it's not that they take things for granted but business needs you to be cut throats and family demands compassion, both don't go hand in hand.. you'll spoil the relationship over money/power..
                it's just that the generation before me in this company gave way for that and it was an obligation. but swear to god he's the last straw.

Comment

Depends how distant this relative is. Brother, brother in law or 2nd cousin? The closer the relative the more chance you I would give I guess. But I don't own a single business so..

Comment

Btw what's a decent business in the Philippines? I can only think of buying a house/apartment for rent. I don't like the food/restaurant business.

Comment

Working...
                    X