Body Language Says alot about a fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

He was trying to draw a foul IMO.
    its one thing when you draw fouls to get to the foul line by drawing contact on your way to the rim, its completely hilarious to do this in the ring. tells you alot about his mindset at this point

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
      its one thing when you draw fouls to get to the foul line by drawing contact on your way to the rim, its completely hilarious to do this in the ring. tells you alot about his mindset at this point
      Great analysis and spot on. He was beat at every facet of the game last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

He was trying to draw a foul IMO.
        Pathetic, disgraceful, and cowardly. He didn't want to fight no mo, so he turned and ran away, wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
          Pathetic, disgraceful, and cowardly. He didn't want to fight no mo, so he turned and ran away, wow!
          people going on and on about enforcement of the rules if im not mistaken you can get a standing 8 for that ****

Comment

Damn bro whyd you get shot

Comment

For me watching the fight (i am disabled, most of you dont know, but i was shot twice a year ago i can barely walk and lost most of my right arm usage cept my fingers)

I noticed that kovalev constantly bending down to ward (no pun) off the body shots, and his constant begging to the ref for assistance said alot to me. Ricky Hatton took matters into his own hands when Tszyu dished him a low one to send a message. When Kovalev turned around that did it for me, when you turn away from a fighter youre looking for someone to save you. Mentally Kovalev seems to be out of his element when he cant simply knock you out. You have to make a guy like ward PAY for his transgressions, guys like mayweather hopkins, chavez mastered this stuff, being cagey while knowing where the ref is and engaging.

Kovalev isnt the beast we thought he was, he was just another above average fighter with great knock out power, what seperates good from great is when everything isnt stacked in your favor and you do something about it. Even mayweather wont let you get away with stuff like this (see victor ortiz)
              No question about it.

Comment

For me watching the fight (i am disabled, most of you dont know, but i was shot twice a year ago i can barely walk and lost most of my right arm usage cept my fingers)

I noticed that kovalev constantly bending down to ward (no pun) off the body shots, and his constant begging to the ref for assistance said alot to me. Ricky Hatton took matters into his own hands when Tszyu dished him a low one to send a message. When Kovalev turned around that did it for me, when you turn away from a fighter youre looking for someone to save you. Mentally Kovalev seems to be out of his element when he cant simply knock you out. You have to make a guy like ward PAY for his transgressions, guys like mayweather hopkins, chavez mastered this stuff, being cagey while knowing where the ref is and engaging.

Kovalev isnt the beast we thought he was, he was just another above average fighter with great knock out power, what seperates good from great is when everything isnt stacked in your favor and you do something about it. Even mayweather wont let you get away with stuff like this (see victor ortiz)
                Real talk. Totally agree. The ref saw all these little messages and then stepped in. Kov didn't want to be in there.

Comment

There are very few great inside fighters left in the sport so fortunately for Kovalev he likely won't have to see this again.

He's great at controlling distance and is a strong puncher so I still think he can punish a lot of top light heavyweights

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                    Damn bro whyd you get shot
                    i was just outside of my job at a youth homeless shelter as a case manager.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/06/0...-east-oakland/

OAKLAND –A man was pistol-whipped, robbed and shot in East Oakland, police said Wednesday.

The 33 year-old man was shot in the leg and expected to recover.

He was walking in 2500 block of East 27th Street about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, when he was confronted by three men, at least one armed with a gun, police said.

One of the men pistol-whipped him and demanded his backpack. He slightly resisted but then gave up his backpack before he was shot in the leg by the suspects, who fled on foot.

The backpack contained a computer and other items, according to police.

A detailed description of the robbers was not available.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. Stay up dude.

Good analysis.

Comment

Working...
                      X