Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler camp no longer keen on that Ward rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler camp no longer keen on that Ward rematch?

I'm just getting that feeling, as they're more concerned about chasing a Froch rematch.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...h-makes-sense-

Also in another thread, a poster was at the fight and3 claimed that he managed to chat to Kessler at last Saturday's fight. He questioned him about rematching Ward, and Kessler just shrugged his shoulders 3 times. I don't want to read into that too much, but it kinda appears Kessler now realises he would get beaten again, if not worse.

Kessler doesn't want to fight the Ward rematch even though he's guaranteed a shot at Ward...Didn't want to fight Bute either...SMH @ this guy.

If I'm Froch though I would probably go after Kessler if he beats Steiglitz instead of Bute...He would fair better against Kessler than Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
      I'm just getting that feeling, as they're more concerned about chasing a Froch rematch.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...h-makes-sense-

Also in another thread, a poster was at the fight and3 claimed that he managed to chat to Kessler at last Saturday's fight. He questioned him about rematching Ward, and Kessler just shrugged his shoulders 3 times. I don't want to read into that too much, but it kinda appears Kessler now realises he would get beaten again, if not worse.
      This is his promoter Kalle Sauerland speaking and not Kessler!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
        This is his promoter Kalle Sauerland speaking and not Kessler!
        You missed out the 2nd part, you know, about Kessler shrugging his shoulders (woefully).

Comment

while were at it hopkins should rematch trinidad, donaire should rematch montiel, and pacquiao should rematch ricky hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
            You missed out the 2nd part, you know, about Kessler shrugging his shoulders (woefully).
            Yeah because that sounds like a legit soure

The only legit soure is the link from sky sports.

That link i just his promoter with dollar/euro/pound signs in his eyes. Kessler - Froch 2 will draw a very large European audience and financially makes sense. Certainly do better than 5000 people

Comment

This is Sauerland speaking to British media and theres nothing wrong with his statements. Earlier hé has said that he will offer the s6 winner the biggest ever purse for a Kessler fight in Copenhagen.

And thats the fight I personally would like to see the most. As for the TS implying that the dane doesnt want a rematch is spekulation based on nothing. Kessler and his team has Said several times that they want a return. And frankly Ward should honour the request as Kessler travelled to jOakland as the champ.

Comment

It does now seem like Kessler Camp was looking for Froch to win it all since he is the easier fight for Kessler, and they are still looking at him now.

What happened to Sauerland's "We're willing to offer the S6 winner 10-11 million to fight Kessler" ? ?

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  It does now seem like Kessler Camp was looking for Froch to win it all since he is the easier fight for Kessler, and they are still looking at him now.

What happened to Sauerland's "We're willing to offer the S6 winner 10-11 million to fight Kessler" ? ?
                  He'll have to get by Stieglitz first.

Comment

ofcourse kessler doesnt want to fight ward and even if he did sauerland wouldnt let him, they all know kessler isnt good enough to compete with andre. the way kessler has been dodging fights his entire career i dont see him getting anywhere near a ward rematch. he just wants to keep making excuses while taking the easiest fights possible.

if froch fights bute look for kessler to avoid ward to fight someone like taylor or one of the dirrell brothers (which wouldnt be a bad fight to be fair). still he will never fight ward again.

Comment

Working...
                    X